Red Hat Linux System Administrator
Must be a US Citizen
Start Date (05/1/13)
End Date (6/30/13) ) (Anticipate Option Year award)
The Linux system administrator will perform all administration and maintenance tasks for approximately 200 Red Hat Enterprise Linux(RHEL) servers including planning, installing, configuring, maintaining, and monitoring. The Red Hat clustering suite (including GFS) will be maintained and operated. The administrator will allocate storage for operating systems and applications. The systems will be patched and maintained at the proper security benchmark level. Middleware software installations will be performed.
- 7 years experience performing system administration responsibilities for Red Hat Linux Servers RHEL 5 & RHEL 6. – Expert Skill Level in the administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux .
- Experience configuring and administrating Red Hat Linux security and performing benchmark and security remediation
- Expert skill in writing and maintaining scripts (e.g. kornshell or Perl) and cron jobs
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good attitude and willingness to learn is required
- Experience with blade server configuration and administration a plus.
- Federal Government experience preferred
- Experience with Java
- Experience with SAN Boot , Multi-path configuration , and SAN configuration
Preferred not required
- Job Duty 1 with % of time - Perform system administration responsibilities for Red Hat Linux Servers. (55%)
- Job Duty 2 with % of time - Install, configure, and maintain operating system and system software. (15%)
- Job Duty 3 with % of time - Implement security controls on Red Hat Servers (10%)
- Job Duty 4 with % of time - Write and maintain scripts and Cron jobs (10%)
- Job Duty 5 with % of time- Install, configures, and maintains commercial off the shelf middleware products. (10%)
Certifications: ( CCNA, CCNP, CISA, CISSP, CISM)
Monster - 18 months ago