Nonprofit startup seeks experienced front end web designer/developer -- Washington, DC
Do you have the skills, creativity, and passion to design powerful web applications that are so easy to use they don’t need a manual? Can you put together the front end of a website from start to finish, from Illustrator mockups to CSS and jQuery implementation? Are you fascinated by new distributed digital organizing models like SignOn.org? Do you want to take on corporate power and be part of a fast-growing startup? Then come join the Corporate Action Network and help us build the next generation of distributed digital campaigning tools!
The Corporate Action Network ( www.corporateactionnetwork.org ) is a nonprofit startup using cutting edge organizing techniques and technology to help people organize online and off against corporate power and abuse. We’re building the most powerful and user-friendly distributed digital campaigning toolset in existence, and we need an experienced front end web developer to help us do it.
- designing a new, clean, and modern look and feel for our online brand and applications
- developing crystal clear user interfaces and interactions that enable activists to organize in simple and powerful ways
Ideal applicants will have experience creating front end implementations of web applications from start to finish, including the following qualifications:
- web design, branding, wireframing, and user experience and interface design using common tools like Photoshop or Illustrator
- working with backend developers to implement and test designs and mockups and turn them into fully-featured web applications
- bonus points for experience with electoral or advocacy digital political organizing and/or with other digital campaigning toolsets (Salsa, Blue State Digital, NGP/VAN, Convio, Action Kit, etc...)
This full time position will report to the Director of Technology and have a highly influential role within our technology team, our organization, and our product’s development.
We prefer someone we can work with face-to-face every day in our offices in downtown Washington, DC, but we will consider consultants in the area as well.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
The Corporate Action Network is committed to workplace diversity, is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic.
With 1.9 million members, the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) is the fastest-growing labor union in North America. Together...