Works with the Network Manager and other Administrators to implement, maintain and support the information technology infrastructure at Amy’s Kitchen. May administer and maintain servers, desktops, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, data and voice network lines and phone systems in full working order, as directed by the Network Systems Manager. Provides helpdesk support, including desktop hardware & software troubleshooting, maintenance, and user training. Implements and maintains various other software, hardware and documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Participates in the day-to-day administration of Amy’s computer systems. Proactively ensures servers, services, and networks are in optimal condition. Monitors and maintains system logs, backup operations, system and security updates, etc.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues with network, including routers, switches, data and voice cabling and other related hardware.
- Assists the helpdesk personnel in providing support to user-base, in-person and via phone. Troubleshoots and resolves issues with the use of desktop software and hardware, printers, telephones/voice systems and other related equipment.
- Configures and installs new and replacement PC workstations and related hardware & software.
- Researches, tests and implements new server, network, or software systems as directed by the Network Manager.
- Trains personnel in utilizing IT resources. Designs and creates written instructional materials. Provides both formal and informal training to ensure that people are using our computer systems comfortably and effectively.
- Advises Network Systems Manager on current issues and challenges encountered, and makes recommendations for resolutions. Seeks guidance from Network Systems Manager as appropriate.
- Creates and maintains procedure manuals for all aspects of job duties. Documents administration history of hardware and software systems according to department policy. Follows relevant documented procedures and policies during the course of performing all duties.
- Depending on requirements of the tasks at hand, works both independently and jointly with other Administrators to accomplish duties assigned.
- Keeps informed on present and new technologies and related issues via various channels such as trade publications, peer groups, mailing lists, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Network Manager.
- Regular attendance and punctuality required.
- At least three years of relevant experience is required.
- To perform this job successfully an individual must possess considerable knowledge of computer hardware, software and networks.
- At least two years of experience as a responsible administrator for Windows and Active Directory, OS X, and Linux (GUI, with some bash knowledge preferred).
- Experience with directory management software and knowledge of Samba/CIFS and/or other networked file systems.
- Working knowledge of protocols such as SNMP, HTTP, FTP, POP3, SMTP, IMAP, LDAP, and SSH.
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Basic knowledge of database administration.
- Experience with Cisco networking systems, and ability to capture and analyze network traffic. Knowledge of TCP/IP and related tools.
- Working knowledge of firewalls, network security concepts, and VPN-related technologies.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot communications cabling. Ability to create basic HTML and XML files.
To Apply -
Send resume and cover letter with "System Administrator" in subject heading to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy's Kitchen, Inc. - 20 months ago