Manager – |
Premium Accounting & Control
Responsible for managing a team of 4 onshore, and 3 offshore staff in the timely and efficient reporting, reconciliation, and analysis of deferred premium balances. This position will be responsible for the accounting and related financial analysis of approximately $450 million of outstanding receivables.
• Manage team (on-shore/offshore)
o Ensure receivables reconciliations are prepared within established timeframes and corrective action, if required, is completed timely.
o Oversee monthly receivable analytics and preparation of executive summary of results,
o Identify, document and test related key audit and SOX controls. Actively support interim and yearend audit work.
o Optimize the performance of the team by providing regular feedback, identifying and addressing performance issues in a timely manner and conducting formal evaluations twice annually.
o Develop training and development plans for each onshore and offshore employee.
o Provide leadership and direction to ACE India and ACE Wilmington teams. Ensure staff understands, accepts, and supports their role in achieving Ace Receivable and Collections Management (ARCM) goals.
• Process Improvement/Performance Optimization
o Develop and implement productivity, timeliness, and accuracy metrics for both the onshore and offshore teams.
o Implement Performance Optimization within the unit.
• Collaboration with ACE India
o Conduct weekly meetings with the ACE India Manager of Financial Operations to review productivity reports, identify and analyze trends, identify training needs, and provide training solutions.
o Conduct periodic meetings with ACE India team to review trends in quality control analysis and help answer any questions.
o Function as a liaison between ACE India and ACE business leaders. Provide support, direction, and answer questions or concerns from the business leaders.
o Conduct meetings with ACE business unit DFOs, Credit Management, and ACE senior management to address customer financial requests along with providing support and updates on key shared initiatives.
• Reports directly to the AVP-Financial Operations
• Collaborates with other Financial Operations managers on the team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent work experience.
• 7+ years of experience financial reporting and/or auditing.
• Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence people at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and diverse work priorities.
• Superior organizational skills.
• Capable of analyzing financials and using findings to improve results.
• Energetic and easily adaptable to change.
• Ability to exhibit high professional standards in the face of rapid and unpredictable change.
The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides...