Manager – |
Premium Accounting & Control
Responsible for managing a team of 4 onshore, and 3 offshore staff in the timely and efficient reporting, reconciliation, and analysis of deferred premium balances. This position will be responsible for the accounting and related financial analysis of approximately $450 million of outstanding receivables.
• Manage team (on-shore/offshore)
o Ensure receivables reconciliations are prepared within established timeframes and corrective action, if required, is completed timely.
o Oversee monthly receivable analytics and preparation of executive summary of results,
o Identify, document and test related key audit and SOX controls. Actively support interim and yearend audit work.
o Optimize the performance of the team by providing regular feedback, identifying and addressing performance issues in a timely manner and conducting formal evaluations twice annually.
o Develop training and development plans for each onshore and offshore employee.
o Provide leadership and direction to ACE India and ACE Wilmington teams. Ensure staff understands, accepts, and supports their role in achieving Ace Receivable and Collections Management (ARCM) goals.
• Process Improvement/Performance Optimization
o Develop and implement productivity, timeliness, and accuracy metrics for both the onshore and offshore teams.
o Implement Performance Optimization within the unit.
• Collaboration with ACE India
o Conduct weekly meetings with the ACE India Manager of Financial Operations to review productivity reports, identify and analyze trends, identify training needs, and provide training solutions.
o Conduct periodic meetings with ACE India team to review trends in quality control analysis and help answer any questions.
o Function as a liaison between ACE India and ACE business leaders. Provide support, direction, and answer questions or concerns from the business leaders.
o Conduct meetings with ACE business unit DFOs, Credit Management, and ACE senior management to address customer financial requests along with providing support and updates on key shared initiatives.
• Reports directly to the AVP-Financial Operations
• Collaborates with other Financial Operations managers on the team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent work experience.
• 7+ years of experience financial reporting and/or auditing.
• Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence people at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and diverse work priorities.
• Superior organizational skills.
• Capable of analyzing financials and using findings to improve results.
• Energetic and easily adaptable to change.
• Ability to exhibit high professional standards in the face of rapid and unpredictable change.
Ace Group - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides...