Provide primary technical oversight and direction for the troubleshooting, repair and refurbishment of Attractions Show, Ride, and Control Systems within Disneys Hollywood Studios Engineering Services Attractions West. Oversee the safety reliability, availability, regulatory compliance and show quality aspects of attractions. Provide leadership to approximately 15-30 craft workers per shift, and develop a high level of teamwork and cooperation. Direct teams in troubleshooting and maintaining ride system components including PLCs, motor controls, hydraulic/pump systems, lighting controls, audio controls, animation, auto/motorcycle engines, and automotive components. Develop statistical methods to analyze engineering service and attraction performance. Form improvement processes in all areas including operational readiness and component/system life cycles. Ensure all attractions meet current governmental and industry standards. Proactively develop programs which ensure future standard conformity. Familiarity with FACILITIES Operations Services organization, e.g., WDI, Central Shops, BVCC, and also Florida State Ride Legislation. Willingness to learn new software applications, including good understanding and knowledge of Workbrain, SAP, and the Maximo/MAD system.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for the job.)
- A two year Technical degree in the mechanical, electrical or electronic field
- A minimum of five years working experience in the related field
- A minimum of 3 years of management experience in a maintenance environment
- Organized and systematic approach to problem solving
- Proven decision maker with the ability to handle multiple tasks while under time constraints
- Must be willing to work evenings, holidays, weekends, and various shifts as needed
- Bachelors degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrative automotive and motorcycle repair experience
- Demonstrated electrical and electronic experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and subassemblies
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Demonstrated financial management and budgeting skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Working knowledge of maintenance reporting and scheduling systems, such as Maximo
- Proven strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated strong partnering, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in project process, development, and implementation
- Proven experience in successful team building and customer service
To expedite consideration, we highly recommend that you BOTH upload your resume AND copy and paste the text when creating your candidate profile.
Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
Trade Jobs Online - 2 years ago
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries, is a diversified worldwide entertainment company. The Company operates in five segm...