Buchanan & Edwards (BE) is an Information Technology and Professional Services consulting firm located in Arlington, Virginia. BE is a diversified high-technology services company, providing military, government, commercial and nonprofit agencies technology solutions and organizational management services to ensure mission success. Serving the federal sector since 1998, we base our solutions on an in-depth understanding of our clients, their mission, and the unique challenges they face. BE is the winner of the 2011 Small Business of the Year Award for the US Department of State and as an INC 500/5000 awardee.
We are currently looking for Test Engineers in Washington, DC. This position would require that all qualified candidates have an active TOP SECRET clearance. Must be eligible to obtain TS/SCI.
In this role, you would be responsible for the following duties:
The Senior Test Engineer will:
- Develop, update and review best practices, quality control and performance metrics, guidelines and standards for system, functional, performance, regression and acceptance Testing. Identify and define test cases, use case, and scenarios in order to successfully complete full software life cycle development projects
- Review verification and validation procedures. Review and Recommend Changes to Testing Environment
- Review System Test Plans for Compliance to Guidelines and standards. Execute and evaluate test cases with collaboration support based on detailed functional and non-functional requirements to identify areas of improvement and turn them into solids areas of development
- Possess the ability to develop manual test scripts using scripting or programming languages, as determined by project requirements to provide adaptable solutions to clients
- Interact with other members of the development and management team in a positive manner to deliver on-time and above standard applications for our clients.
- Use knowledge of relational database management tools to create/configure test data sets for use in running tests
- Ability to maintain Secret level clearance and/or upgrade to Top Secret security clearance in order to gain access to client sites and networks.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of software testing experience in lieu of degree
- Experience providing innovative solutions with messaging systems and/or other similar large scale Federal Government Systems.
- Use experience with scripting languages or programming languages to develop test scripts.
- Use knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, Project, Configuration Management to lead to successful test execution.
- Experience with Mercury Suite
- Experience with Window
- Experience with SharePoint
Buchanan & Edwards - 17 months ago