Line of Service: Advisory
Industry: National Advisory
State & City: CA-San Francisco
Travel Requirements: 21-40%
Position Type: Full Time
Auto req ID: 26766BR-0
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that services Fortune 500 companies, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career? If you are, then PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com/us) network of firms is the firm for you. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC) is well placed to help clients meet the challenges and opportunities of the US marketplace in the areas of assurance, tax, and advisory. We offer the perspective of a global network of firms combined with detailed knowledge of local, state and US national issues. More than 163,000 people in 151 countries across our network share knowledge, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and deliver practical advice.
At PwC, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
At PwC, you will find Advisory professionals with unparalleled financial and accounting expertise, knowledge of business processes, industry insight and technology, and customer relationship skills. Our Advisory professionals help companies anticipate, create and manage change. In short, we help companies to : (1) respond to crises, (2) improve business processes, and (3) transform their business. Note that across all of these solutions, we embed sustainability into our approach. This also includes helping clients to sustain prior changes that may have been undertaken to address a crisis.
Members of our Advisory practice provide a valuable service to our clients and strive to differentiate PwC by executing the following:
- We put our clients first: Each client situation is unique, and we tailor our approach to every relationship and engagement;
- We view the world from a clientâ€™s perspective: From the initial client meeting onward, we listen first, and then assemble a hand-picked team from across the firm;
- We create lasting value for our clients: We bring together the precision, structure, and deep analytical capabilities of audit and tax and the creative mindset and problem-solving skills of consulting; and
- We focus on action, impact, and value: We donâ€™t just assess and recommend; we also help our clients implement with agility and flexibility.
Sustainability and Climate Change has moved solidly onto the CEO/C-suite agenda and governing bodies, including the current administration, creating the opportunity to link it with core business strategy through cost reduction, revenue enhancement and preparing for compliance with new regulations. In many industries, risks and opportunities associated with climate change and other environmental and social issues are significant and, in some cases, material. A systematic approach to identifying and analyzing risks and opportunities, developing strategies to capture the associated value, and implementing those strategies with good business processes can create measurable financial value. PwC is uniquely positioned to take advantage due to its extensive global cross Line of Service network and deep subject matter knowledge in key sustainable business solution areas.
Service offerings include:
Position/Program Requirements:Knowledge Preferred:
- Sustainability & Climate Change strategy: Building consensus and embedding a carbon/sustainability strategy into the organization; conducting and providing results on gap analyses--strategy and standard industry practices--assessing risks related to climate change, measuring emissions and managing carbon in the business
- Reporting: environmental footprint assessments, reporting guidance, technology consulting services
- Performance improvement and/or managing carbon in the supply chain: Risk assessment tools; due diligence guides; carbon footprinting and mitigation; lifecycle analysis; supply chain; stakeholder engagement; and/or the maximization of benefits in the supply chain around carbon reduction, integrating cost reduction and carbon goals
Demonstrated intimate level of understanding and direct experience managing projects and engagements in a professional business services environment related to sustainability and/or climate change, governance, risk and compliance, consulting strategy and/or information systems, which includes the following:
Demonstrated experience and willingness to travel extensively for business-related engagements, up to 100%
- Project leadership and management of multiple large/complex engagements, including assisting in the management of projects from pre-sale and initial scoping through final delivery and signoff;
- Proven intimate knowledge of budgeting and forecasting on large engagements;
- Extensive creative problem-solving ability and a consistent consultancy mindset while working on, as well as proven intimate knowledge of researching problems and/or issues and developing and offering effective solutions for, business issues related to sustainability and climate change; and,
- Utilization of written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with clients and firm staff and/or management in a professional services business environment, including writing and presenting journal articles, practice methodologies, and/or whitepapers
Obtained Graduate Degree
Min Year Exp: 5 years of consulting experience with relevant industry and sustainability/climate change experience (with focus areas in strategy, sustainable supply chain, and reporting) or parallel focus areas such as governance risk and compliance, consulting strategy, supply chain and/or information systems
Min Degree(s) and Certifications: Obtained Bachelor of Arts and/or Bachelor of Science Degree(s)
PwC - 24 months ago
PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com) provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and enhance value...