FIELD SPECIALIST - PERMIAN (various locations)
Location: PERMIAN (various locations).
Field Specialists from the operational backbone of Baker Hughes, performing skilled technical services, usually at the wellsite. In this role, you will work with Field Engineers. Field Specialists carry our demanding, hands-on role, making use of the latest technologies to deliver solutions to our customers.
Full Time Regular (local)
- Full time permanent position for hiring on a local contract.
About this job
Field Specialist work typically involves the execution of complex operations at the wellsite, preparing equipment and ensuring that activities are safe, efficient, and carried out as quickly as possible. This is a demanding role that will involve you in a range of tasks, in a field location which is possibly challenging and, in some cases remote.
You will be expected to cope with difficult physical conditions at times, but your work will be intellectually stimulating and enormously satisfying.
- A two-to-three year technical certification, associate’s degree, in an engineering related subject.
- At least 3 years work experience.
- Ability to inspect equipment, tools, and other working conditions to ensure safety of crew.
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time (within the geographic servicing region with possible overnight stays.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the use of small hand tools.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations (add, subtract, divide, multiply).
- Ability read schematics, and other documents.
- Physically able to climb, lift, bend, stoop, squat and carry a minimum of 25lbs.
- Ability to adhere to safety policies
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be willing and able to work in remote locations.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (I.E. extreme heat or excessive cold).
Baker Hughes cooks up a baker's dozen of products and services for the global petroleum market. Through its Drilling and Evaluation...