We’re looking for a Linux Systems Administrator / Open Source Guru to join our growing Online Services team. As the go-to Linux person, you’ll have the opportunity to pave the way for open source technologies at Practice Fusion. You will work with our DevOps team to provide developers a continuous delivery pipeline to production services, and architect solutions that guarantee service levels throughout the enterprise.
Ideal qualities include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related discipline
- Strong in all pillars of system administration - Provisioning, monitoring, security and disaster recovery backup.
- Able to design, configure, tune and maintain open source platforms including CentOS, Solr, Active MQ, Nginx, TomCat, Unicorn, ZooKeeper, and NFS.
- Someone who thrives in a rapid paced environment and loves new challenges.
- Lazy enough to script actions he/she has to do twice.
- Knowledgeable in VMware but would love to dabble in KVM and other open source technologies.
- Someone who can maintain a Chef pipeline that provides developers with continual delivery
- Understands the advantage of hybrid cloud environments and can make architectural recommendations accordingly.
- Incredibly detail oriented and thorough.
- Not afraid to get their hands dirty with a little data center work now and then.
• 4+ years installing, scripting, and scaling Linux servers in an enterprise or online environment
• 2+ years supporting mission critical applications
• Experience with Chef preferred
• Experience with Ruby, PowerShell, Windows, AWS, Enterprise storage solutions a big plus
Practice Fusion - 12 months ago