Marathon Petroleum Company, a major petroleum refiner and marketer, is seeking a Lab Technician for its Refining, Analytical, Development (RAD) Group. This is a full-time, salary non-exempt position (overtime eligible).
- Daily calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of air analyzers.
- Set-up of mobile units and testing of facility analyzers. Set-up includes climbing, lifting of up to 80 lbs, and working at heights up to 150 ft.
- Interact with state regulators during testing demonstrating knowledge of testing requirements and regulatory requirements.
- Calculation and formal reporting of results to environmental staff.
- Sampling of air, water and waste in support of environmental programs.
- Written and verbal communication with coworkers and environmental staff.
- The position requires 25% overnight out-of-town travel.
- Normal 40 hours/week; overtime as needed.
- Bachelor's degree with 20 Hours of Chemistry is required (s cience discipline preferred)
- Electrical/Electronics background preferred
- Vehicle Operator license required
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
Marathon Petroleum Corporation - 20 months ago