Effective verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to work well under time constraints and under deadline pressure
• Experience interacting with and counseling executives
• Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with a varied and heavy workload
• Knowledge of media relations and AP Style
• Knowledge of LM business areas and products
• Strong attention to detail
• Proven team player
• New media/social media skills
• Motivated self-starter
Specific Job Description
Reporting to the Director, Worldwide Media Relations, the position’s primary focus is in media relations and serves as a company spokesperson. This individual will plan, prepare and disseminate information utilizing the entire range of media, including print, electronic and social media. He/She will interact daily with news media, business area communicators, customers, government relations officials and all functional departments at corporate headquarters. The individual will represent Lockheed Martin to industry and trade associations. He/She will monitor media coverage to provide timely situational awareness to senior leadership as appropriate, and assist with analysis of media coverage to help measure effectiveness and shape strategy.
• Act as a spokesperson for the corporation with trade media, news wires, daily newspapers, blogs and TV/radio.
• Proactively provide accurate, timely information about the corporation and its programs to the media.
• Cultivate relationships with national media to shape news stories that portray Lockheed Martin favorably.
• Develop and execute media relations efforts for corporate functional organizations as needed.
• Explore, identify and recommend ways for integrated communications, to include monitoring and positioning emerging communication technologies and opportunities into the overall strategy for reaching external and internal stakeholders and publics.
• Support business area media relations efforts with coordinated approvals, feedback, editing and on-site support for media campaigns.
• Assist in monitoring news media trends and major issues affecting the company.
• Develop key messages and media statements in support of corporate priorities.
• Write and distribute corporate press releases.
• Ensure subject matter experts are prepared for media interviews.
• Provide situational awareness to leadership as appropriate.
Standard Job Description
Develops, plans, and conducts public relations and goodwill programs to improve and support company business objectives with the public, industry, stockholders, and/or employees. Plans, prepares, writes and disseminates information utilizing print and broadcast media; magazines, speeches, scripts, intranet and Internet website. Submits photographs; assigns and/or approves artwork. May represent the company at press conferences, briefings and presentations on company issues. May participate and support advertising campaigns, and/or edit material for organization publications. May supervise work of outside consultants.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 10 years of professional experience; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an emerging authority.
LMCareers Business Unit
ESS1000 CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week
Lockheed Martin Corporation - 11 months ago
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 115,000 people...