System Administrator Summary:
Norwalk-based technology company with a strong and rapidly growing client base in the enterprise networking and IT solutions field is seeking a Systems Administrator. The incumbent will be responsible for actively participating in engineering meetings and play an important role in providing input to keep the client on the cutting edge. Responsibilities:
- This role will be expected to support multiple Linux distros including: Fedora, CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Ensuring that all the servers are kept up to date and provide both onsite and remote troubleshooting
- Build, install and maintain Linux servers to corporate standards and maintain Production, QA and Development environments across multiple data centers.
- Document and maintain corporate standards as it relates to the server environment and produce documentation on procedures and standard processes
- Ensure licensing is maintained
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- Provide off-hours support as needed to ensure 24X7 uptime (on rotation)
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills, and advanced knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Excellent understanding of networking, hardware, system administration, operating systems
- Direct experience with: RAID, Shell scripting (bash), Apache, DNS, RPM, File system optimization, HA / clustering
- Virtualization experience
- Customized repository maintenance for in house upgrade of packages / patches etc
- Compiling patches / kernel upgrades etc ( good working knowledge of compilers / c and c++ programming); PXE boot environment / image (preferred)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a multi-data center environment
- 5+ years direct experience with Fedora, CentOS and RHEL (not all are required, but preferred)
- Bachelors Degree preferred
The McIntyre Group - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
The McIntyre Group is a group of affiliated companies operated under "The McIntyre Group" name, each of which provides specialized...