Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
All areas within JC Penney are undergoing transformational change and Information Technology is no exception. We are looking for a Unix Linux Engineer to partner with business users to deliver best in class IT services.
The position will play an integral part in the company’s transformation initiatives including but not limited to:
• Develops time estimates for self and others to execute complex tasks, monitor progress and provide accurate and timely reports.
• Manages restoration of service and resolution of problems and escalates as required. Communicates problems or issues in a timely manner. Pager Rotation will be a part of this position.
• Researches and recommends alternative actions for problem resolution with minimal direction. Analyzes trends to proactively prevent problems.
• Installs, customizes, develops, implements and maintains/administers IT infrastructure. Evaluates and recommends emerging technologies.
• Assists project teams/business customers in evaluating, developing, implementing and supporting architecture components.
• Participates in system testing as it relates to the infrastructure. Tests and implements components (i.e., computing systems, platforms, networks, and/or other supporting infrastructure as appropriate) using techniques that meet accepted design standards. Understands interdependencies and acts to avoid problems.
• Responds to problems with effective resolutions. Ensures functional and technical integrity of infrastructure designs. Identifies process or system enhancements for customer. Provides predictive, proactive root cause analysis.
• Develops sound cost analysis estimates.
Core Competencies & Requirements:
• Experience with AIX 6.1 or above and Power6/7 architecture.
• Experience with Linux 5.n or above
• 5-7 years of software and/or hardware system design, installation, configuration, maintenance, support, planning and system management experience in AIX environment
• Experience with System Director, VIO, NIM
• Experience with enterprise backup/restore architectures and concepts
• Experience managing SAN-attached storage in an AIX environment
• Needs to engineer solutions and support operating system and hardware in multiple UNIX environments (AIX-required, RHEL-required, Oracle’s Linux-plus, TSM-plus, Sun Solaris-plus, HP-UX-plus, SUSE Linux-plus)
• Experience with performance tuning and capacity planning
• Experience with high availability architectures/concepts
J. C. Penney - 11 months ago