Sr. Oracle DBA- Do you like to Solve Technical problems? Then this position is right up your alley.
Cequint, a fast growing 100 person independent subsidiary of a $500 million company, is the leading provider of carrier-grade mobile industry solutions to tier-1 and tier-2 carriers in the U.S. The company’s flagship product has been deployed by multiple carriers on over 35 million devices, and is consistently rated as one of the top-10 applications in the industry.
Cequint is actively developing the next generation of a broad mobile technology that will revolutionize the way people communicate via mobile devices. This confidential project is a large undertaking with executive visibility that will serve tens of millions of mobile users, and promises to fundamentally transform the mobile landscape.
You will join Cequint’s small database administration team and assist in defining and implementing the day-to-day workings of our complex, multi-datacenter product currently under development. You will help engineer all database related aspects of our new product and be at the center of the action as we move it from development and into production. You will not only help create and troubleshoot our system but you will also be responsible for establishing Cequint’s database administration tools, policies, and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience administering Oracle 10g/11g and troubleshooting database issues in a complex production environment
- Experience with Oracle Standby databases and DataGuard
- Experience with Oracle on Unix or Linux
- Oracle Performance & Tuning
- Experience with Oracle Streams or other replication experience such as Goldengate preferred
- Experience with SQL Server-to-Oracle data integration a plus
- Proven ability to define processes and procedures involving multi-discipline teams
- Natural problem solving and critical thinking ability
- Self-starting, self-governing, initiative-taking, team-playing approach
- Solid communication skills, ability to attend to detail
- Commercial product deployment
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a technical field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Benefits - Our philosophy is to hire quality individuals who are happy, balanced and genuinely enjoy what they do, and in turn, everyone will benefit. In order to ensure this philosophy, we put our most valuable asset first – our employees. Cequint is proud to offer competitive salaries, a generous 401k retirement plan, full medical and dental coverage, paid vacation and holidays, a monthly parking/transportation stipend, and other company perks such as free beverages and snacks.
Transaction Network Services - 6 months ago