Job Purpose: Undertakes and performs a variety of oversight and related inventory control distribution shipping and other warehouse-focused functions focused on the overall management supervision and operations of an Avnet distribution/service center. Duties and Responsibilities: |
Knowledge and Skills:
- Reviews assesses analyzes manages and supervises warehouse distribution functions and processes.
- Oversee the daily production flow of Inbound and Outbound Inventory processing.
- Determines compliance with established processes and procedures.
- Develops presents and monitors compliance to policies and procedures.
- Monitors individual and group performance objectives related to performance targets.
- Reviews the units performance history with assigned management staff to plan future business strategies for implementation.
- Reviews monthly financial statements with senior management and assigns supervisory staff to evaluate areas requiring action.
- Compiles and presents a variety of statistical narrative analytical and related ad hoc and regularly scheduled narrative and written reports and presentations.
- Provides input and participates in a variety of strategic planning initiatives.
- Participates in the budget process related to the identification of staffing equipment facilities and related needs.
- Monitors expenditures. Determines and/or recommends purchasing and procurement vendors and/or items.
- Manages oversees and/or provides input on a variety of human-resources-related functions including but not limited to staff hiring termination evaluation promotion scheduling work assignments/priorities succession planning staff training and development and related areas.
- Works directly with customers to investigate and resolve complex customer service and satisfaction issues and concerns.
- Interviews candidates and hires supervisors/managers for the leadership team.
- Serves as chair at the unit's management meetings; establishes agenda and main topics for discussion.
- Works with internal and external customers and others to provide a high level of customer service and quality value added services.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Work Experience: Eight (8) to ten (10) years of recent relevant logistics warehouse operations shipping distribution or closely related experience that includes at least four (4) years of management/supervision responsibilities OR any equivalent combination of education and experience from which relevant experience will have been gained. Education and Certification(s): BA Degree in Business Administration, Finance Logistics Management or closely related field.
- Knowledge of the principles of warehouse operations and logistics i.e. shipping and receiving, related processes and operations.
- Knowledge of the principles of management and supervision.
- Knowledge of the principles of file and records management.
- Knowledge of the principles of bookkeeping and/or accounting.
- Knowledge of overall Avnet and specific departmental policies and procedures.
- Skill in assessing and evaluating workflow operations and presenting assessments and recommendations for improvement.
- Skill in simultaneously managing multiple priorities and projects with conflicting timeframes and deliverables.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers vendors contractors the general public and others having business with Avnet.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of general business and specialized software applications.
- May be required to travel globally.
Avnet - 22 months ago
If you need an electronic component, Avnet probably has it. The company is the world's top distributor of electronic components...