Sr. Production Database Administrator
The Sr. Database administrator is responsible for managing the Development, QA, Staging, and Production Oracle Databases. These instances are large datasets that receive high volume traffic from multiple web applications in a hosted environment.
- Ingenuity Systems is looking for a Sr. Oracle Database Administrator that is responsible for managing Oracle 10GR, 11GR Production instances. (Oracle RAC and Data Guard)
- Oracle Replication using DataGaurd for disaster recovery to a secondary site in high availability configurations
- This is a support role that requires prior experience with database installations and configurations, migrations, upgrades, patching, and performance tuning Oracle databases.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills on logical and physical database design with Engineering and Operations.
- Manage database storage and filesystems, configuration and management of replication, backups / restore policies and procedures and enforce database security policies.
- Ensure high availability and functionality to ensure proactive failure prevention.
- Provide capacity planning for database systems with attached storage on a Unix platform (SUSE) to ensure database health with proactive monitoring. (Experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, Groundwerks, SitesSope, etc.)
- Strong troubleshooting skills to detect and optimize database queries and support development for database configuration and implementation.
- Provide multi-tier database support in a 24x7 on-call operations role in rotation with other dba’s. Ensure that all operational responsibilities can be performed by other team members through standardization, automation, documentation and cross-training.
- 5-7+ years database administration and optimization with Oracle 10g and 11g in a high availability OLTP environment
- Hands on experience on Oracle RAC installation, configuration and maintenance
- Thorough understanding and extensive experience with Oracle backup/restore methodologies, like hotbackup and RMAN
- 2+ years Oracle ASM experience
- Hands on experience on Data Guard and standby database
- Database migration experience from 10g to 11g
- Monitoring and tuning database performance on the SQL level and database level
- Strong Oracle PL/SQL programming skills with 5+ years database design and support for fast-paced application development
- Experience with Oracle management tools, either native or 3rd party
- Strong Unix system administration skills with attached storage and database sizing for high performance transactional instances
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a self-starting attitude and good communication skills are essential
- Prior proven experience with data conversion, replication, and migration
- Experience with data warehousing and offline instances for reporting and analytics Expert in scripting language like Shell, Perl or Python
- Experience with NoSQL database like Cassandra is a plus
- Experience with Puppet is a huge plus
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server is a plus
- BA/BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
Ingenuity can be found at the crossroads of information technology and biology. The company provides software tools that researchers use in...