The School of Freshwater Sciences ( SFS ) at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is the only graduate school in the nation dedicated solely to the study of freshwater issues. Our interdisciplinary research and education programs link science with action, and are integrated across four major areas: freshwater system dynamics; human and ecosystem health; freshwater technology; and freshwater economics, policy, and management. It is our goal to be recognized world-wide as the source of expert knowledge on water issues and a catalyst for great ideas that change how people think about and manage water resources.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
- Oversee the design, development, and execution of a comprehensive external communications strategy using multiple formats and media to define and increase awareness of the School of Freshwater Sciences among targeted local, national, and international constituent groups in pursuit of SFS goals.
- Executes all outreach and branding activities, including press releases, social media, e-newsletters, web content, print publications, recruitment materials, and advertising in print, online, radio, and other media.
- Responsible for researching and writing content for promotional and recruiting materials, the SFS webpage, news releases, print publications, and special community columns.
- Coordinate the creation of promotional pieces and other media necessary to carry out SFS communications strategy, working with central campus departments to coordinate design and layout, photoshoots, interviews, printing, etc.
- Ensure that SFS web-site components address UWM’s Freshwater Initiative, freshwater research, public information, and student opportunities for pursuing freshwater studies at UWM .
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or a related field.
- Four years experience in a communications field.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Experience with creative and strategic projects and/or responsibilities.
- Project management experience.
- Web and social media platform experience.
- Experience in media relations.
- Experience with coordinating outreach activities.
- Web management experience.
Applications must be submitted online and must contain: a cover letter, current resume with a list of names and contact information for three professional references.
University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee - 14 months ago