Contributes to the development of new Production Control concepts and processes. Wide range of experience, ability to resolve complex Production Control issues. Can look up and fix production coordinator metrics COGI, TECO's, < 30 days. Can RTV product. Actively participates in DP&E process and drive changes.
Is self sufficient and can prioritize work schedule on there own.
- Can perform cycle counts/inventory reconciliations. Tracks basic flow and daily schedule adherence. Knows status on flow barriers/issues. Manages lead times and lead time reduction (monitor/improve).
- Monitors purchasing updates from buyers. Understands sale orders. Is able to order, and expedite, parts. Can do basic rescheduling and has basic MRP and product knowledge. Can enter Web plans. Can perform parts provisioning/plan strategic WIP.
- Develops solutions to complex Production Control problems which require regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Works on complex PC issues where analysis of situations or data requires in depth evaluation of variables. Exercises judgment in PC decision-making. Effective at implementing supermarket/Kanban controls.
- Develops detailed schedules, material requirements lists and production plans for established product lines. Monitors production activity to ensure a smooth and controlled flow of materials timed to meet production requirements. Troubleshoots and monitors potential scheduling problems, maintaining records such as reports on production and material deficiencies. Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
- Determines Production Control methods and procedures on new assignments and coordinates activities of other personnel. Work is performed without appreciable direction.
- Networks with key contacts outside area of expertise and across Enterprise. Serves as key PC focal point on team initiatives.
- Is able to prioritize specific customer orders and if necessary, revises production schedules.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline, or in the absence of an
bachelor's degree, six years of related experience.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline, and two years of related
experience, or, in the absence of a bachelor's degree, eight years of
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer committed to
building a diverse global culture that values teamwork, integrity,
innovation, leadership, and an unwavering commitment to our customers.
United States-Iowa-Cedar Rapids, IA
C-Ave Manufacturing Operations
Rockwell Collins - 17 months ago
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the design, production and support of innovative solutions for our customers in aerospace and defense. Our...