is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues,
is the second largest institutional pharmacy company in America.
operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in over 40 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
is recruiting a
Part-Time Data Entry Pharmacy Technician II
to provide a variety of data entry functions to support clinical and business operations. This position will include order entry, control room, pulling medications from shelf, compounding, packaging, bagging.
- Identifies and resolves issues of denials or follow-up of claims
- Enter data into computer system to fill prescriptions and to obtain reimbursement/payment
- Maintains current knowledge of Medicaid claim regulations and processes
- Produces reports and keeps management informed of unpaid claims and claims pending follow-up
- Knowledge of drugs, medical nomenclature, and metric system
- Read and input written prescriptions and medical data
- Ability to interpret physicians’ orders into the computerized med. Order system
- Ability to perform drug calculations and interpret prescriptions
- Perform computer system operations; includes order entry, billing, crediting, and updating medical records
- Input daily orders (new and refills)
- Audits the input versus documentation and makes corrections as required
- Generates reports as needed
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards
Interested candidates please apply on-line @
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Pharmacy tech certified in appropriate state
- Minimum 1 year experience in a long-term care pharmacy
- IV experience preferred
- Experience as a Data Entry tech in a long-term care pharmacy preferred
- Knowledge of Medicaid claims regulations and processes required
- Ability to communicate effectively, work as a member of a team, operate a computer, recognize and identify patient medications, and perform detailed work
PharMerica - 14 months ago
The only time you'll see PharMerica's products is when a nurse hands you a pill in a paper cup. It is the country's...