Are you passionate about the customer experience? Do you like to create solutions that drive measurable results? Seller Support is an organization on track to grow exponentially exceeding previous year growth; to support this growth we must have exceptionally talented, bright, and driven leaders in our organization. If you are passionate about developing leaders that can influence the business in way that delivers results then this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for an innovative learning professional with solid people skills and leadership development experience to join a newly formed team tasked with building and deploying programs for developing the next generation of Amazon’s leaders. Solutions must be customer-focused, nimble, leader-led, and global (will be used to develop leaders in the U.S., EU, Costa Rica, India and Asia).
As a senior member of the team you will collaborate to design and deliver cutting edge interventions to create the conceptual underpinning for major leadership training and development programs. You will own the end to end design, implementation and management of strategic leadership programs as well as provide executive coaching consult to senior level and high potential leaders in order to build a strong leadership pipeline in a high volume, growth organization.
Critical Responsibilities and Skills:
- Responsible for needs analysis, end-to-end design, development, implementation and sustainment plan of programs with the goal to develop a strong leadership pipeline.
- Analyze key jobs and roles to determine the knowledge and skills necessary for high performance; develop success profiles for key roles. Partner with the customer to clarify needs, business goals, and objectives and agree on how to achieve the desired results efficiently and effectively in order to develop solutions that address the root cause(s) of performance gaps rather than symptoms or side effects.
- Analyze the audience, content, technologies, operational constraints, and trade-offs associated with selecting the best delivery methods for each objective to optimize design and implementation strategy.
- Continually evaluate solutions for quality, business impact, scalability and sustainability. Conduct post-learning evaluation to understand successes and improvement opportunities for the designed solution while establishing methods for ensuring both compliance and quality.
- Create and track project plans to design and deliver world-class learning programs leveraging technology where appropriate to extend access, gain efficiency and scalability. · Form cross-functional project teams, plan and organize, manage, and execute complex performance improvement projects. Establish sign-off and approval processes for each step of the design process and ensure buy in from the field.
- Educate managers on their role in developing people as an essential part of their jobs. Design innovative lesson plans and teaching resources that enable leader-led development in the classroom, through one-on-one coaching, and through active ongoing learning. Develop processes to hold managers accountable for developing talent.
- Produce instructional and performance support materials to support successful leader-led development. Build leader-led development participation and effectiveness through recruitment, training, coaching, and recognition.
- Provide leadership development coaching at the senior leader level · Create and deliver train-the-trainer learning sessions as appropriate for the delivery strategy for both experienced trainers and leaders-as-teachers. Serve as a role model for excellent instructional facilitation and develop those capabilities in others.
- Travel 40%
- At least 10 years work experience in the areas of training and training design, group facilitation, executive coaching and leadership development.
- Experience in people leadership, career development, performance modeling and talent management in a fast paced global environment
- Experience with leadership development coaching at the senior leader level
- Experience facilitating 360 degree feedback with follow-up coaching
- Strong instructional design, program management and facilitation skills and ability to support and mentor others in these domains. · Experience with global implementation of standard training programs with experience designing the solution based on local innovation for global standardization.
- Superior impromptu speaking, classroom delivery, and group process facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment on multiple projects with changing priorities with the ability to work both on a team (as member and/or leader) and independently deliver results · Applied knowledge of measurement, statistics and program evaluation.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and willingness to be vocally self-critical.
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills; a role model for the use of the concepts and skills we teach and ability to influence across various leadership levels · Program administration skills – this includes organization, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and doing whatever it takes to deliver reliable results.
- Experience with using, administering and facilitating survey instruments and assessment tools (e.g. FIRO-B, MBTI, PDI, etc.) a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Master’s degree in related discipline
- Previous experience with Center for Creative Leadership (CCL)
Amazon.com - 16 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...