Ryerson Inc., one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager with proven labor relations and equal employment compliance experience to join our Corporate Human Resources team in Chicago, IL.
- Counsel management and human resources personnel regarding all facets of labor relations including contract administration, grievance processing, maintaining non-union status, etc.
- Participate in collective bargaining and arbitration
- Counsel management and human resources personnel regarding FMLA, ADA, federal and state discrimination law compliance, workers compensation and all company policies and procedures
- Investigate and respond to internal and external complaints and charges (EEOC, State agencies, NLRB, FLSA, etc.)
- Develop/prepare Affirmative Action Plans
- Prepare corporate reporting requirements (i.e., EEO 1's, Vets 100's)
- Counsel management and human resources personnel regarding performance management including performance appraisals, performance improvements, discipline, etc.
- Generalist responsibilities for our Chicago corporate employees
- Project work as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations, or related discipline
- Graduate degree in human resources or labor/industrial relations is preferred
- Minimum 7 years progressive human resources responsibility
- Multi-site experience
- Strong communication, coaching, listening, and interpersonal skills with the ability to build trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results, at all levels within the organization
- Equal employment/affirmative action compliance experience
- Proven knowledge of labor and employment laws and regulations
- Must be willing to travel (+10%)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working in an ADP environment a plus
Ryerson is an international, diversified company that processes and distributes metals. The company serves industries including aerospace,...