Aveda, America’s premier creator and marketer of plant-based haircare, skincare, make-up, PureFume™ and lifestyle products seeks a Director, Global Package Development to Support the Estee Lauder Corporate strategy to continue to be the global leader in prestige beauty by ensuring brand packaging is developed to support the values of unrivaled quality, creativity and innovation. Support designated business segment by being the brand steward for the package, ensuring all aspects meet or exceed the quality, creative and product delivery requirements within a managed timeline and cost objective.
Each Aveda employee will practice an individual commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility in the workplace. We aim to steer society in a more sustainable direction for our benefit and the benefit of generations to come.
- Understand that the first consumer experience is the package.
Represent the culture and DNA of the brand or business segment being managed.
- Drive innovation by presenting new packaging concepts, technologies and delivery systems to support new Marketing, Product Development and Design ideas
- Search new applicable technologies both within and outside our industry in order to continuously evaluate best practice and support product innovation
- Provide comprehensive feasibility of each concept or package that defines function, manufacturability, component cost, tooling estimates, preliminary development lead time, risk and global consistency. Explore existing corporate tooling prior to initiating new tooling to utilize existing components and improve speed to market.
- Support the strategic management initiative by managing all aspects of the development process including; package feasibility, packaging outline development, component/package costing specifications and technical profiles, supplier recommendation/selection, failure mode and effects analysis and suggest tooling strategy to support both preliminary forecast and weekly rate of production requirements, package testing, package engineering, work with ME and QE to insure quality, manufacturability, filling and assembly and all regulatory, environmental and consumer safety
- Develop detailed component timelines including all package development tasks and manage them.
- Identify and inform GBSC and GSR of any risks and or delays during the course of development.
- Establish workload priorities to ensure all projects are managed within expected due dates.
- Ensure all projects are completed and meet the intended design, quality, cost, functionality, and manufacturability objectives
- Communicate and work closely with all development groups including Marketing, Product Development, R&D and Design.
- Work with GBSC and GSR to manage specific project development and provide detail analysis on risk when required.
- Build and cultivate relationships with Global Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineering
- Support the Strategic Management Initiative by continuously monitoring Package Development task requirements versus project timing commitments.
- Ensure all packaging complies with global regulatory and environmental requirements and champion the corporate efforts to support social and environmental responsibility.
Bachelor’s degree in related field
8 years in related field.
Knowledge of supplier process
Potential travel to manufacturing locations worldwide
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Estee Lauder - 18 months ago
The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, fragrance and...