It is the primary responsibility of the PR Specialist to ensure the integrity of employee payments, timely filing of required payroll taxes and 401k deposits.
Essential job responsibilities/functions to include, but not limited to:
The following items are expected to be completed on regular basis to fulfill the requirements of the above mentioned position:
1. Serve as a representative of the company, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions.
2. Setup new employees, confirming data agrees to forms I-9 and W-4..
3. Coordinate and enter time and equipment batches. Coordinate batch edit and other duties as necessary for weekly data posting and review the entries for accuracy and completeness.
4. Produce accurate and timely employee payroll, verifying accuracy of balances, compiling data, and preparing appropriate forms for distribution.
5. Assist customers (internal and external) with requests for information.
6. Prepare quarterly payroll tax returns and year end W-2 and 1099 reports.
7. Assist in batch edit and other departmental duties as necessary throughout the Accounting Department, depending on work flow.
8. Perform all above requirements in a safe, thorough, and responsible manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Thorough understanding of accounting cycles
2. Proficient with computer usage especially in spreadsheet software applications
3. Ability to operate calculator ten key and computer key board
4. Must possess the ability to work independently
5. Must possess advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
6. Ability to communicate effectively both in written and verbal form
College-level accounting courses preferred, but not required if experience is sufficient
Minimum 5 years experience in Accounting
Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
May require light physical effort such as stooping, bending, reaching and occasional lifting of lightweight objects (up to 25 pounds). Must have finger/hand dexterity to allow accurate data entry. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Bristol Bay Native Corporation - 10 months ago