Top5 Inc. is currently recruiting for:|
A Senior Unix Administrator (HP-UX) to work with one of our most important clients in Frederick, MD. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting HP Servers as part of the client's ERP system consolidation.
- Installing and maintaining OS and coordinating layered products on servers.
- Perform setup and administration of RedHat Enterprise Virtualization and Clustering
- Coordinating server maintenance through a well defined change control process as necessary to support systems.
- Assist application developers and DBAs when system admin help is needed (i.e., creating UNIX accounts, writing scripts to perform sys admin functions, etc).
- Perform necessary OS-level system modifications to support applications
- Provide application development support on Monday-Friday 08:00-17:00 shift
PLEASE send all resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5-7 years experience with a demonstrated track record of success on open systems, client server environment or in project leadership
- Installation, administration, support and monitoring for Redhat LINUX
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience supporting virtual servers and server clusters
- RedHat OS performance tuning required
- Advanced knowledge of UNIX Clustering in RedHat LINUX, virtualization (RHEV), package creation and LVM maintenance
- Advanced knowledge of hardware configurations and installation processes for HP Proliant systems
- Advanced knowledge of routine UNIX administration tasks
- Scripting experience in Korn shell or Perl is required
- Knowledge of Symantec Netbackup Administration on a UNIX platform a plus
- Strong communication and documentation experience
- Working knowledge of OS patch management and implementation
- Working knowledge of change management principles
- Experience administering servers connected to a SAN (preferably an EMC SAN)
- Experience supporting remote developers is required