Our IT team is searching for a talented Director, Enterprise Data Architecture to help our cause and represent IT’s mantra of, “Business First, Technology Second.” You will join a results oriented team and participate in the design, implementation, and maintenance of analytical and reporting applications that enable the business to make better more informed decisions. This is a key role in the Business Intelligence team and will work closely with business and IT to define, develop and implement the SAP BW business intelligence applications as well as support other mission critical applications. This will include migrating from SAP BW 7.3 to SAP HANA for BW and implementing the SAP Data Services platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and lead a team of BW Architects, DB Developers, and DBA’s to support data driven applications and development projects for new applications and reporting and analytic tools.
- Establishes and communicates the vision for a high performance team and provides exemplary business leadership, adheres to the Core Values of Under Armour and operates with the highest ethical standards.
- Develop and own the strategic plan around the continued evolution of SAP BW, SAP Data Services, and our other database assets.
- Interact, communicate and influence with all levels of the organization, particularly as it relates to data management strategy and process improvement.
- Lead the Development/Enhancement of the BI architecture by modeling, designing, developing, testing and implementing the appropriate back end (Extractors, Data Sources, DSOs, Cubes, APD’s, Programs/Function Modules, InfoSets, MultiProviders, OpenHub, and Process Chains) and front-end (BEx Query Designer, Web App Designer, Business Explorer Suite) structures needed to meet business reporting requirements. This includes the creation and enforcement of SAP BW development standards in accordance with SAP BW recommended practices.
- Lead the migration of SAP BW to SAP HANA for BW including performing optimization of the underlying structures and leveraging HANA functionality and LSA++ design approach.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain custom and pre-delivered extractors as well as leveraging other SAP ETL tools to perform data extractions (SAP and non-SAP sources), transformations, and application of business rules.
- Responsible for daily support of the data warehouse and associated data marts looking for ways to reduce maintainability and increase efficiencies.
- Proactively identify potential performance and scalability issues by leveraging SAP BW statistics and by coordinating with SAP Basis, infrastructure, and other integrated components and teams.
- Perform optimization reviews to consistently improve the underlying data structure and data flows through SAP BW transport and release processes
- Design and implement standard processes and procedures (request prioritization, data modeling, design & development review, testing, change management, promotion to production, communication, etc.) and ensure ongoing adherence.
- Partner with the Director of Master Data Management to identify and assess current data quality standards and drive the creation of data quality rules and targets. Ensure ongoing monitoring and provide executive scorecards to leadership.
- Develop a Data Portfolio Management approach including performance monitoring
- Evaluate business risk, manage change and improve business effectiveness, agility and accountability.
- Promote work methods and structures that proactively build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with business partners and leverage relationships to create buy-in and support across functional areas
- Ensure high quality periodic executive communication around strategic initiatives
- Ensure utilization of proper project management principals.
- Manage project budgets and timelines and develop resource planning and project dashboards.
- Provides consistent, timely and effective coaching in an individualized manner and completes thorough and fair performance assessments.
Lead BI Architect, 2 BI Architects, DBA Manager, SQL DBA, DB developers
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exceptional leadership capabilities
- Extensive experience managing and developing people and building high performing teams
- Must work independently with minimal direction and have superior organizational skills
- Must be visionary and strategic in approach
- Experience in data architecture, modeling and dimensional design.
- Strong understanding of implementation processes and best practices around Enterprise Data Architecture.
- Extensive experience with SAP BW and related technologies
- Experience delivering solutions using other established database technologies such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, IBM Information Server.
- Strong relationship building and mentoring skills with the ability and desire to drive change and issues resolution.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently and effectively within specific timeframes.
- Ability to promote standardized data services (data modeling, metadata, data quality, etc.) to the business community via the data officers/stewards and analytics teams.
- Ability to articulate technical aspects in an executive manner to present to executive management
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines and creating and improving processes
- Must possess demonstrated skills in analyzing enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence systems, including the integration of data from various sources
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Must be proactive and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of SAP BI principles, theories, concepts and techniques including SAP Portals, Netweaver, J2EE and SAP XI , BOBJ
- In-Depth technical understanding of ABAP coding used in areas of Function Modules, Programs, Start/End Routines, and exit variables
- Has strong understanding of SAP BW 7.3 functionality such as SPO (Semantically Partitioned Objects), Composite Providers, WorkSpaces, Transient Providers etc
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ experience data warehousing with at least 5 in an SAP BW environment
- Minimum 8 years’ experience with BEx tool suite, including Analyzer, BEx Web, Workbooks, query designer, Web App Designer, and information broadcasting using BW Portal
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with SAP Netweaver BI 7.01 technology; Knowledge of SAP Solution Manager
- Solid SAP data modeling experience including data sources, Info providers, Info Packages, Transformations and Update Rules.
- Experience and thorough understanding for SAP BW Accelerator
- Knowledgeable in SD, MM, FI, PP, BPC and APO module process flows and data structures; AFS experience is a plus
- Experience with SAP Business Intelligence reporting and analytic tools
Under Armour - 2 years ago
Under Armour (NYSE: UA) is a leading developer, marketer and distributor of branded performance products for men, women and youth. As of...