Summary of Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for providing executive level support to the President/CEO. Keeps track of all activities within the fast paced environment of the Office of the President. This position requires frequent travel, evening and weekend hours and the ability to adapt to a frequently changing work day.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Outline of Essential Job Responsibilities/Functions to Include but Not Limited to:
Customer Care & Relationships:
Creates, develops, and nurtures culturally appropriate interactions and connections with each other, customer-owners, and the community.
Provides exceptional customer service.
· Receives and responds to inquiries to the Office of the President ensuring appropriate follow up on all contacts.
· Works closely with Executive and Tribal Services on coordination of board of director meetings and activities.
· Works with Public Relations on media activities including preparation of statements etc. from the President/CEO.
Develops and maintains successful working relationships with customers, their families, colleagues, and others.
Develops and maintains effective working relationships with members of the senior management staff.
Effective customer service skills.
Communications & Teamwork:
Shares and receives information, opinions, concerns, and feedback in a supportive manner.
Works collaboratively by building bridges, and creating rapport with team members within departments and across the organization.
Acts as a resource, mentor for entry level administrative support personnel.
· Orients new administrative support staff to the department and to SCF systems and processes.
· Provides training and education to other employees as directed.
· Answers questions from others on how to do things according to standard procedure and best practices.
Completes administrative duties for the President/CEO and other senior executive staff as directed.
· Manages the schedule for the President/CEO, coordinating multiple calendars, meetings and travel arrangements.
· Prepares all correspondence for review and signature of President/CEO.
· Completes all paperwork necessary.
· Establishes and maintains an authorized system of administrative files.
· Develops and monitors a system to track the status of various actions and correspondence.
· Completes administrative duties related to travel, training, timekeeping, human resources, public relations, and other appropriate administrative functions.
Prepares and coordinates preparation for all meetings and presentations.
· Prepares presentations for review and approval of the President/CEO
· Attends meetings with President/CEO, recording the pertinent information and ensuring appropriate follow up.
· Coordinates meeting preparation including necessary information for review prior to the meeting, bios of attendees, meeting agendas, and other pertinent information.
· Accompanies President/CEO as directed on travel to ensure coordination of logistics during the travel.
· Prepares necessary reports for the President/CEO for review and approval.
Effective written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
Improvement & Innovation:
Makes meaningful improvement to services, program, and processes and/or organizational effectiveness that creates new value for customer-owners and employees.
Works in a rapidly changing and innovative healthcare system.
Uses strategic planning and decision making processes.
Works in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Manages large scale projects.
Thorough understanding of SCF strategies and programs, and the policies and procedures and use this knowledge on assigned projects.
Workforce Development Skills & Abilities:
Seeks out additional learning opportunities to continue to develop the technical and professional skills needed now and in the future.
Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions by following through on commitments.
Oversees and manages scheduling processes.
· Schedules appointments and meetings per established guidelines.
· Arranges meetings and events as directed. Duties include but are not limited to: securing location, arranging equipment and necessary supplies, notifying participants, creating agenda; and completing event or meeting evaluation.
· Gathers information and creates reports as needed.
Efficiently and effectively manages multiple responsibilities.
Uses computers and appropriate software.
Effectively and efficiently makes decisions independently.
Perform job with minimal supervision.
Knowledge and compliance with all applicable laws, policies, procedures, bylaws, regulatory requirements, and best practice guidelines regarding Privacy of Healthcare Information, Corporate and Healthcare Compliance.
Proficiency in problem-solving.
Maintains quality, safety and infection control standards.
Strong leadership, analytical, oral presentation, and decision-making skills.
Above average skills in meeting facilitation, project management, problem solving and planning.
Manages a program and/or staff.
SCF programs are established for the purpose of serving a primary population comprised of Alaska Natives who are affiliated with the Cook Inlet Region Inc. (CIRI), and Alaska Natives and American Indians within SCF’s geographical service area. Employees should have a thorough understanding of the cultures and the needs of the CIRI members, and of the general culture and needs of Alaska Natives and American Indians. Such knowledge is critical in order to ensure the achievement of the mission and vision of SCF: working together with the Native community to provide the best services with Native staff who value the family and family wellness as the heart of the Native community.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience, or
2. Demonstrated proficiency as a Manager I, Program Coordinator II, or Public Relations Specialist II or equivalent type position at Southcentral Foundation
Additional Qualifications for Executive Special Assistant II: Meets all requirements of Executive Special Assistant I in addition to the following:
1. Master’s degree or equivalent training and experience, or
2. Demonstrated proficiency as an Executive Special Assistant I or Manager II or equivalent type position at Southcentral Foundation
· Employee may be exposed to: none.
· Noise level: Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
· Position requires: stand (under 1/3 time); walk (under 1/3 time); sit (over 2/3 time); use hands to finger, handle or feel (over 2/3 time); reach with hands and arms (over 2/3 time); talk or hear (over 2/3 time).
· Weight lifted or force exerted: Up to 10 pounds (under 1/3 time), Up to 25 pounds (under 1/3 time).
· Special vision requirements: No special vision requirements.
· Additional physical demands: employee may be required to work holidays, evenings, weekends, and nights; employee must be able to respond when needed by prompt appearance at a required location; employee may be required to provide customer-owner care in the customer-owner’s home or in other locations away from employee’s primary work site; travel may be required; the employee is able to work under physically and emotionally stressed conditions.
Age and Customer-Owner Population(s) Served:
Age of Customer-Owner Population Served
This position does not provide direct customer-owner care
This position does not provide direct customer-owner care
Please complete an online application by clicking the 'Apply' button at the top/bottom of this page. For more information contact Human Resources via the SCF Contact page or (907) 729-4977 or Toll free at 1-800-478-3343
NATIVE PREFERENCE UNDER P.L. 93-638.
Preference will not be given unless certification is submitted to Human Resources (a copy is acceptable).
Southcentral Foundation - 2 years ago