- School Bus Driver transport students to and from school and related events. In the morning, they pick up students a designated bus stops and drop them off a school. In the afternoon, they drive back to the school to board and drive them back to same designated bus stops. Drivers usually take the same routes every day.
- Dirvers transport students and faculty on field trips and to extracurricular performances or sporting events. Because of the physical safety of students is paramount, drivers must be trusworthy and reliable and have excellent driving records. They must be alert in heavy traffic or bad weather and excercise great caution when children are gettin on or off the bus. In some instances they must be able to maintain good order and discipline.
- They must prevent unathorized persons from getting on their bus.
- Maintain order among the students on the bus.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to recognize malfuction of the bus and take appropriate actions. Report all accidents.
- Render First Aid if needed.
- Must have a high school diploma or the equivlant.
- Clean driving record with no moving violations with in three years.
- Must have a dirvers license with a D endorsement.
- Current physical examination.
- Pass drug and alcohol screening and criminal background check.
- Must provide current Court, Police and Traffic Violations.
- Must be able to pass CPR and First Aid courses.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen per contract requirement.
Alutiiq - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard