POSITION PURPOSE: Provides comprehensive administrative support to the principal, department head or other administrative personnel. (Alternate position titles include Administrative Assistant/Guidance; Administrative Assistant/Technology; Administrative Assistant/Professional Development.)
In addition to the above general duties and responsibilities, the following are specific to the identified areas:
- Receive telephone calls, correspondence, deliveries and visitors, and respond or refer appropriately.
- Prepare, type, copy, mail, and file materials such as correspondence, reports, and bulletins.
- Schedule appointments and meetings.
- Assist in preparation of materials and in the use of office equipment.
- Provide backup and assistance to other clerical areas.
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of all policies and regulations pertinent to the district, school and/or department.
- Place work orders for school or department.
- Process routine office forms, including sick/vacation leave, payroll, purchase orders, printing requests, etc., as assigned or directed.
- Maintain employee files.
- Compile statistical reports as assigned or directed.
- Perform bookkeeping functions as assigned or directed.
- Manage grant requests and monitor administrative details following approval.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES: Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal, Chief Officer, Superintendent or other district office administrator as designated by the Superintendent.
- Prepare transcripts, schedule appointments, and manage correspondence for guidance staff.
- Assist parents with DSS or other forms.
- Gather academic work for students who are absent or attending alternative schools.
- Assist counselors, social workers, and Community Development Facilitator as needed.
- Ensure accuracy of enrollment, transfer, and withdrawal procedures as assigned or directed.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive data and adherence to local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two year college preferred.
- High school diploma and one year relevant office experience; or general education degree (GED) and three years relevant office experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Ability to use the Internet for research applications. Minimum of 60 wpm. Database management skills are desirable. Must possess working knowledge of common office equipment, such as fax, copier, calculator, etc.
Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff member shall:
Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
Sit, stand and walk for required periods of time.
Speak and hear.
Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception along with the ability to focus vision.
Communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, technology equipment, computers, and/or controls.
WORK PLACE EXPECTATIONS:
Work effectively with and respond to diverse cultures or backgrounds.
Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate judgement in behavior, speech, and dress in a neat, clean and professional manner for the assignement and work setting.
Have regular and punctual attendance.
Follow all District policies, work procedures, and reasonable requests by the proper authorities.
REPORTS TO: Principal
DAYS PER YEAR: To Be Determined
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Paid on the Classified Staff Salary Schedule
EMPLOYEE GROUP: Classified Salary Schedule Level 5
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Must apply online by completing a "Classified" application and adding this specific job to your online application.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
EMPLOYEE'S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT STATEMENT:
1. I have reviewed the above position description and understand its contents.
2. I am aware that my position description may be revised or updated at any time and once notified of changes, I remain responsible for knowledge of its contents.
3. I hereby certify that I possess the physical and mental ability to fulfill the essential functions of the above position with or without reasonable accommodation(s). If I require accommodation(s) in order to fulfill any or all of these functions, I agree to provide information to the District regarding the requested accommodation(s).
Employee's Name (Print): ___________________________________
Employee's Signature: ___________________________________
THE BEAUFORT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- 13 months ago - save job