HPCS - Senior Development QA Software Engineer for Management Console
Designs, develops, troubleshoots, runs and debugs software test programs for testing enhancements to HP Cloud Services Management Console platform and associated components.
We are looking for an engineer with experience in Ruby, Rails, Message Queuing / AMQP and associated components to help with the continued advancement of our quality process model, automated test harnesses and associated application level code for test and verification. The engineer will be expected to be able to develop the automation scripts, drive broad adoption across our architecture and facilitate test of both the application level code and the control plane interaction points (api’s). The engineer will work closely with the development engineers and with counterparts in other service teams to assure comprehensive automation testing harnesses and practices are in place. Writing complex automated tests and debug modules form part of the planned work as will be "technology transfer" to the release QA group who are responsible for post deployment automated regression testing.
The Management Console team delivers the GUI and associated underlying architectures to support end user interaction with the HPCS Public Cloud platform. The MC team is a mature devops org and manages all of its activities from development of code all the way through deployment to production. Our devops architecture is based on tooling consisting of private chef, github enterprise and Jenkins build / CI tools. The team operates in an agile process model.
Act as an evangelist for best practice testing approaches in the agile model and move the MC team quality model agenda in interactions with external QA functions. Act as a primary point of contact on the MC team for all things quality related in interactions with other HPCS functions / service groups.
- Understand the expected behavior of our cloud services platform (all components). Acquire and maintain a deep knowledge for the API behavior and interaction between the various HPCS platform components.
- Work closely with the development team to assure broad test coverage is in place to support our CI operational model. Identify and prioritize high-value interfaces for test coverage. Liaise with external QA functions providing post deployment automated regression testing.
- Working with the Product Management team and Management Console scrum master, devise test cases that exercise the functionality, and describe the expected outcome. Assure these behavioral test cases are encapsulated in the automation harness that runs at build time.
- Implement test cases via test programs written in an appropriate language.
- Report the outcome of tests via appropriate reporting tools.
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed colleagues.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum 6-10 years experience
- Programming - experience with Ruby / Rails / AMQP / Python. C experience is a plus.
- Distributed systems / SOA - must be familiar with large distributed systems that have complex api interactions.
- Background in development is a requirement - we are looking for people to engage with development as equals and who understand how development takes place.
- Experience of working with a distributed team is a plus - you will be expected to engage with team members across many time zones and cultures.
- Performance measurement and tuning. Experience here is a plus.
- Extensive experience with multiple software systems design tools and languages.
- Experience of working in a Linux based environment is a must. Past experience with Ubuntu/Debian is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software systems testing
- Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
United States-California-Sunnyvale, United States-Colorado-Ft. Collins, Ireland-Ireland-Galway, United States-Washington-Seattle
Yes, 25 % of the Time
HP - 20 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...