Pharmacy Technician II- (CERTIFIED) Pharmacy Advantage
Requisition #: 77329
Status: Full-Time with Full-Time Benefits (40 Hours)
Business Unit: Community Care Services
Department: CCS Speciality Pharm - Sfld
Job Family: Pharmacy
Job Function: Allied
Campus/Job Location Troy HFO/Pharmacy Adv
Location (State/City): US-MI-Troy
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a job for you!
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education. Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community. In 2009 alone, Henry Ford Health System provided more than $173 million in uncompensated care. Henry Ford also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000. Our health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting.
Pharmacy Advantage Overview:
The team at Pharmacy Advantage has the expertise and experience to help you manage the complex medication therapies needed to treat a variety of health conditions. Our knowledge of specialty medications, complete range of pharmacy solutions and collaborative relationship with healthcare providers allows us to offer our patients personalized pharmacy care with a distinct advantage.
To learn more, visit HenryFord.com or http://www.pharmacyadvantagerx.com/information_clinical
- Under the supervision of a registered pharmacist, provide orientation and training to new technical staff
- Assists in the distribution and processing of prescriptions and the sale of over-the-counter medications enters prescription data into computer
- Performs billings and file maintenance. Receives payments for prescriptions and other purchases
- Assists in the stocking and storage of inventory
- Interacts and communicates with the public
- Reports to pharmacists
- Pharmacy certified technician (PCT)
- Previous retail pharmacy of at least 6 months required
- Typing skills of 25 wpm required. Ability to operate cash register, adding machine, calculator and a computer terminal
- Ability to maintain (lift, carry, stack) up to 40 lbs of pharmacy inventory
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Extremely energetic and delivers the highest quality of customer service.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a high volume drug store or pharmacy
- 2 years retail pharmacy experience in data entry
-* Benefits are effective the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment**
- Medical / Vision
- Employee and Dependent Life
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long Term Disability
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- CTO benefits accrue after 90 days
- Short Term Disability is effective the first of the month following six month
- Tuition is effective after one year
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight/height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System - 10 months ago
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...