The Industrial Design Specialist position will assist in form creation and development of concepts, designs, and functions that optimize the value and appearance of BISSELL products, both new and existing. This includes visualization of form/aesthetics, human factors, communications graphics, colors and textures. The Industrial Design Specialist supports the conceptualization and development of products having a basic level of difficulty and complexity under the supervision of the Senior Manager of Industrial Design, Lead or Senior Industrial Designer, or Industrial Designer II or I. The Industrial Design Specialist is also responsible for conceptualizing basic forms, shapes, color, surfaces, and manufacturing processes in cooperation with other business functions involved with the BISSELL global product development process (GPD).
POSITION PROFILE (Major duties, accountabilities, and responsibilities)
1. Industrial Design implementation per project as assigned under the supervision of the Senior Manager of Industrial Design, Lead or Senior Industrial Designer, or Industrial Designer II or I, in collaboration with entire project development team and Company product strategy.
2. Creates visualization (ideation, sketches, renderings and designs CAD concept surfacing) based on GPD deliverables to convey concepts and designs to management and project team members, stays current with documentation/ presentation technologies.
3. With guidance, works effectively with outside Industrial Design, Engineering, and Model Making consultants/ firms as requested on project basis.
4. Works with CD department manager as requested on special projects relating to CD function and design strategy development and implementation.
5. Develop and maintains team based interpersonal skills, customer/ consumer focus internally and externally, as well as practicing EVA principles.
6. Promote, develop, and practice GPD, ensuring all aspects of GPD are followed.
7. Responsible as a support team member (or core team member as required) to provide Industrial Design leadership on all assigned GPD projects.
8. May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: (i.e. degree, years of experience, etc.)
* Degree minimum: Bachelors
* Concentration : Industrial Design
* Experience level: 0- 3 yrs
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
This individual must have a high level of conceptual thinking and visualization skills.
* Ability to think out of the box and bring creative solutions
* Advanced sketching and digital visualization (Tablet, Illustrator, Photoshop, Rhino)
BISSELL - 10 months ago
BISSELL's in the business of seeing spots and taking care of dust bunnies. A pioneer in the carpet-cleaning industry, BISSELL...