Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Plans, directs and manages one or more major functions and/or programs within the technology organization to ensure its effective operation in line with goals and objectives. Provides leadership across cross-functional teams. Actively contributes to long-range strategy planning and develops and implements the policies, procedures and systems required for maintaining and developing the overall technology strategy and goals. Plans, documents, and manages the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Define the infrastructure requirements for the Securitization Utility, based on the business needs and in line with industry best practices.
- Define the Infrastructure architecture that will meet the requirements, in line with the industry best practices and in collaboration with the enterprise level architecture team and the infrastructure engineering teams.
- Establish the policies and procedures to operate the infrastructure, including upgrades, production support and business continuity.
- Define needs and establish the strategy, including vendor strategy, to acquire the required talent.
- Lead, manage, and oversee other projects, initiatives, and daily operations as assigned related to: assessing business and technology processes and functional needs for the enterprise; designing and implementing the optimal mix of system components to support the functional needs; managing the system development/enhancement lifecycle from business and systems requirements analysis through development; testing, quality assurance, post-deployment support, managing a portfolio of internal controls around business processes, systems, and data.
- Lead and oversee the project management lifecycle from conception through completion that includes assessing business requirements, scoping and planning projects and initiatives, budgeting, forecasting, tracking and reporting project status, managing deliverables, and assessing customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the development of best practices and guidelines for existing or new technologies within responsible area(s).
- Researches and selects vendors regarding the development of technical solutions, as needed, in conjunction with executive management.
- Reports to executive management on major accomplishments, issues and concerns.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget; approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams and report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Conduct talent management activities including mentoring, training, or providing technical growth opportunities.
- Bachelor degree; Masters or other Advanced Degree in Business or Computer Science preferred.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
Skills - Required:
Skills - Preferred:
- Developing infrastructure strategy for large and complex initiatives.
- Building and operating infrastructure that supports Continuous Availability capabilities.
- Supporting highly resilient mission critical infrastructure.
- Experience managing infrastructure across multiple geographic regions.
- Experience managing through failover scenarios.
- Developing and executing staffing strategies.
- Vendor management experience as it relates to governance, transition, and performance management.
- Significant experience defining infrastructure requirements and implementation for utilities.
- Running teams in a matrix environment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Financial services industry experience
- Consulting background
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 14 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...