Position Title: Minister With Children and Youth
Minister of Discipleship
For cooperative and effective ministry and relationships, this position is accountable to Educational Ministry, and meets regularly with the Pastoral Team and Church Council.
Work with Educational Ministry to plan and implement programs that help children and youth (birth through high school) experience God’s love in Jesus Christ, encouraging their growth in Christian discipleship. This is a part-time position of approximately 20-25 hours per week.
1. Build caring pastoral relationships with children, youth and their families.
2. Coordinate the Youth Ministry Team (adult volunteers) in planning and implementing regular meetings, service and social activities, and occasional retreats or conferences for youth grades 6-12
In partnership with Educational Ministry:
3. Recruit teachers and leaders for programs such as Adventures in Learning, Vacation Bible School, and Youth Ministry.
4. Coordinate, manage and provide resources for those programs.
5. Oversee the paid and volunteer Nursery Workers, ensuring a safe and loving environment for infants and preschoolers.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. A sense of calling to minister with children and youth, and the ability to relate well to them, as well as to parents and other adults.
2. A theologically mature and vibrant personal commitment to Christ.
3. Willingness to work within the structures and core values of North Shore Baptist Church and ABC/USA.
4. Experience and demonstrated capacity in working with people of diverse cultural, economic and ethnic backgrounds in an urban setting. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
5. Ability to lead and collaborate with teams of adult volunteers.
6. Prior experience with children and teens in church and/or community settings.
7. Capacity for handling administrative details.
8. Educational background in Christian Education, Youth Ministry, or theological studies. (B.A., M.Div. or equivalent)
Candidates will be required to submit to a background check for working with minors.
North Shore Baptist Church
5244 N. Lakewood Ave., Chicago, IL
Mandatory Job Qualifications
See Job Description.
See Job Description.