Coherent’s High Power Optically-Pumped Semiconductor business unit has an opening for a manufacturing technician capable of aligning sophisticated lasers. We build single and multi-mode lasers for a variety of medical, scientific and entertainment applications using Coherent’s patented Optically Pumped Semiconductor (OPS) platform. OPS is an extremely versatile technology capable of a broad range of laser wavelengths in a cost effective and compact package.
We are looking for an individual with several years of experience aligning laser resonators. This individual should be comfortable with explaining how a laser is assembled, the type of optics used in the laser (OC, HR, SHG, THG, BRF, etc.), the parameters that indicate whether or not a laser is properly aligned, and best practices for building high quality lasers.
This candidate will perform functions associated with all laser assembly operations including working with engineers in setup and calibration tasks as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies, and final assemblies. They will use sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments, or equipment and will assist in developing methods or procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process.
Education and Work Experience
1. Extensive experience with the alignment and assembly of lasers.
2. Comfortable with electronic and electro-optical test and measurement systems.
3. Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
4. AS degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
5. Ability to use standard PC software including MSWord, MSExcel, MSOutlook, etc.
6. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while ensuring safety and quality results.
Coherent, Inc. - 16 months ago