Compressor Mechanics will set, maintain, repair and operate compressors in their respective area for MidCon.
Other related duties as required. - Minimum Requirements:
- Read gas meters and instrumentation recording the amounts of gas received/delivered/consumed and report any operational, temperature and pressure changes as needed in operating logs. Watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure equipment is working properly.
- Adjust valves and equipment to obtain specified performance.
- Operate power-driven pumps that transfer liquids, semi-liquids, gases or powdered materials. This includes adding these materials on the equipment and properly disposing of them.
- Operate controls and turn valves to start compressor engines, pumps and auxiliary equipment.
- Turn knobs or switches to regulate pressures.
- Respond to problems by troubleshooting, diagnostic testing (utilizing computer software as applicable), repairing/adjusting equipment as needed, conferring with co-workers and supervisors for advice and other techniques as learned in the classroom and field. Ability to determine the most cost-effective/timely/efficient method for repairs.
- Take oil samples, complete necessary paperwork and submit for laboratory analysis.
- Perform a proper preventative maintenance and repair, maintain and operate the equipment using hand tools and power tools in a safe manner.
- Adhere to MidCon's waste management plan.
- Employee is responsible for maintaining replacement/repair parts for their assigned units.
- Operate cranes in a safe manner.
- Properly set units and perform start-up procedures on location.
- Safely and properly assist in disassembly and removal of unit from locations.
- Ability to use hand tools to clean, lubricate, adjust equipment, replace filters, gaskets and other items while identifying what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Must be able to comprehend and retain new policies, procedures and methods/techniques used in the office and field, being flexible to work in a changing environment. Must show progress/advancement in their skill level and application of knowledge.
- Ensure field equipment is operating under current emissions guidelines/standards.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic and electric starters, fuel systems, cooling systems, lubrication systems, ignition systems and other compression related anatomy.
- Working knowledge of electrical systems.
- Accurately report time in accordance with work performed and, when applicable, time billed to 3 rd parties.
- 3 rd party tickets, when applicable, will be sent to supervisor for current pricing on parts / services.
- Communicate information effectively with all levels of co-workers by telephone, written form, e-mail or in person.
- Overhaul engines, compressors and related components as needed.
- Submit parts covered under warranty, track/report parts sent for warranty and ensure core credits are received and returned when applicable.
- Employees will be required to furnish basic hand tools required for typical use in the field (up to 1 ½" drive for tools listing measurements), confer with hiring manager on tools required. Specialty tools and those over 1 ½" may be supplied by the company upon approval of Superintendent or District Manager.
- Responsible for submitting expense reports in a timely manner following company policy.
- Available for call-outs (evenings/nights, weekends and holidays) as shifts require and travel as needed (work on units, training, etc - may be overnight, days, week, etc). Employee must be willing to work overtime as needed/required.
- Employees must be willing to take direction from supervisors and senior team members.
- Operate vehicles in accordance with company policies and procedures in a safe and courteous manner. Current, valid drivers license is required to operate company vehicles. See policy for specific details.
- Employees must follow IT's policies for Internet, Intranet and E-mail Usage along with Office Services procedures for proper usage of cell phones (calls received/sent and text-messages received/sent as applicable).
- All duties are to be performed in accordance with Chesapeake's Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines.
o Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a company computer (when applicable) including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
o Understand the basic operations of production equipment such as separators, dehydrators, etc.
o Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment focusing on teamwork and unity.
o Employees must know how/where to access information.
o Ability to teach others skills in an effective and cooperative manner.
o Ability to assess and anticipate requirements. Prioritization, reasoning and time management skills required.
o Position requires responsible, dependable and trustworthily employees due to typical independent working conditions. Employees will be required to report time worked and be held accountable for their actions. Job requires being honest and ethical.
o Job requires maintaining composure, avoiding aggressive behavior (even in very difficult situations). Employees must exhibit cooperative skills by being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured attitude.
o Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
o Position requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
o Ability to identify and respond to hazardous/unsafe working conditions and report to immediate supervisor.
o Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
o Working knowledge of arithmetic and algebra. Basic knowledge of geometry and other mathematical applications.
o Basic welding skills (some openings may require higher levels of training and a skills test to be preformed prior to hire).
o Experience with modern engines and compressors used in the natural gas industry.
o Mechanical experience.
Some positions/duties may require the ability to identify and distinguish colors
o Ability to read and write English.
o Moderate ability to understand wiring/piping schematics.
o 3 years compressor mechanic experience
o High School Diploma or GED.
Vocational or Technical Educational Certification in related field.
Chesapeake Energy - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard
Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE:CHK) is the second-largest producer of natural gas and the 11th largest producer of oil and natural gas...