UMKC University Libraries (Miller Nichols Library)
· Provides research service as scheduled in person, by phone, email and chat
· Provides information literacy instruction to support the general education curriculum
· Provides library tours and instruction
· Responsible for outreach to dual credit high school classes
· Pursues personal professional development and contributes to the profession
· Other duties as assigned
· ALA-accredited MLS or minimum of 30 hours of credit towards an ALA-accredited MLS degree with expectation of degree being completed within 12 months of hire.
· Successful, current academic library reference experience
· Exceptional interpersonal, communication skills
· Ability to work positively, productively with diverse constituencies in environment of rapid change
· Strong public service commitment
· Successful, current experience with electronic library resources
· Evidence of mature judgment
· Ability to work at least one evening a week and rotate weekends. Flexibility to work other nights as needed
· Highly developed computer skills
Full Time/Part Time
Part-time (20-24 hours per week)
$18.50 per hour
Hours vary, includes regular evening and weekend shifts.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Application materials must be submitted online at www.umkc.edu/jobs . Applicants must combine all application materials (personal letter of interest with accompanying curriculum vitae and a list of references) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (816) 235-1621, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please call (855) 524-0002.
In addition to the application, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to be considered.
Please combine your cover letter and resume into one document and then attach it as your resume to the application. (See application instructions for details.)