Develop and manage the HR module of an integrated administrative database system to support the operations of the University and its human resources office. Provide support for and work toward integration of other supporting systems, including an outside payroll system, and systems to support benefits and retirement plan enrollment and administration. Develop reporting tools and provide training in the use of the systems.
Examples of Key Responsibilities:
Banner Information System:
1. Oversee the administration and implementation of the HR module of the University’s administrative database including evaluating the need for and testing of new releases, upgrades, patches and processes; creating and maintaining rule and validation forms; and identifying and reporting system defects.
2. Submit Service Requests and work with assigned staff in Information Technology Services to implement improvements and address system issues.
3. Participate in the design, development, and implementation of process improvement projects using technology solutions.
4. Serve on University’s Banner Users Group Committee.
5. Responsible for system data integrity, especially within the HR module.
ADP Payroll/Reporting System;
1. Develop knowledge and skill in the payroll system and its reporting tool.
2. Prepare management reports.
3. Support enhanced integration between Banner and Payroll, such as through use of data extracts from Banner and uploads into the payroll database.
1. Support regulatory and periodic reporting including IPEDS, ERISA 5500s and summary annual reports, compensation surveys, and benefit reports as required.
2. Support conversion of production reports to the Argos reporting tool.
3. Prepare requests to develop new reports as needed.
4. Produce ad hoc reports of information not available in production reports.
Documentation and Training
1. Prepare and maintain current documentation on Banner HR system processes and reporting tools.
2. Provide training and support for staff in the use of Banner HR for data maintenance and production reporting.
Access to HR Information
1. Support the development of an HR team site on SharePoint to provide access to information and policies for staff and faculty.
2. Support the development of tools for secure access to individual salary and benefit information.
3. Support the integration of self service technologies, such as electronic time reporting.
Positions, Budgets, Compensation
1. Coordinate, train and assist HR staff in the development, processing and maintenance of the University’s position, budget and compensation systems.
2. Coordinate and assist HR staff with the contracts and annual salary letters.
3. CGCS adjunct faculty and funded position budget updates.
4. Fiscal year salary update and budget roll.
At least three years’ professional level experience in support of an administrative database, preferably in human resources; related bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience with SunGard Banner preferred. Knowledge of personnel information systems, data reporting techniques, software operations and administrative support functions strongly preferred. Knowledge of records management, policy implementation, personnel regulatory requirements, and human resources practices preferred. Strong technical, administrative, problem-solving, and communications skills are essential to perform and produce effectively.