Server Administrator II (Southeast Region)
Gensler’s regional IT teams are an integral part of helping our 3,500 architecture, design and planning professionals serve clients and grow our practice across the world. No client is too small or too large. Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
As part of a distributed Corporate IT team located in the Washington DC office, which supports the regional offices of Baltimore, Charlotte, Raleigh, Atlanta, Tampa, and Miami, in addition to temporary project offices, you will maintain local and regional servers running on blade servers, VMWare, and dedicated hardware:
Additional support tasks
- Implement and manage disaster recovery configurations and data synchronization between redundant data centers
- Ensure appropriate change management control procedures
- Install and upgrade applications
- Secure and audit server access and control
- Maintain reliable licensing and version control
- Plan application upgrades and purchases
- Proactively develop new ideas and solutions to improve IT systems functionality
- Assist in product evaluations/recommendation, network optimization, system monitoring, new installations, security and other network related tasks
- Administration tasks:
- Complete and accurate documentation,
- System back-up and recovery,
- Asset inventory
- Provide limited training to regional IT staff
- Provide remote offices with IT support as required
- Create and update local and regional documentation
- Participate in Corporate technology initiatives and projects
- Provide after-hours maintenance and support
- Provide end-user services escalation
- Monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all Virtual Server Hosting systems
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or technical trade school combined with three to seven years of prior network, data center and telecom service experience. Preferred background in the architecture or engineering industry.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems, Windows 7, Microsoft Server Applications (Exchange, SQL, OCS, Sharepoint, IIS, SCCM, SCOM) and Office.
- Extensive/intermediate knowledge of one or both of the following:
- VMware vSphere 4.1, ESX and ESXi 4.1 servers.
- Citrix, XenApp and XenDesktop.
- Knowledge of advanced networking concepts, Active Directory, GPO’s and LDAP troubleshooting.
- One or more of the following certifications: Citrix Certified Administrator, CompTIA Network+, Security+, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, Cisco Certified Networking Associate, or VMware Certified Professional.
- Ability to disconnect, lift and move data center equipment (50 lbs) to new locations or rack spaces. Maneuver within rackspaces and in tight spots to run cables and wires.
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems (Ubuntu, Gentoo, Debian, Centos preferred) with accompanying knowledge of open source packages (apache, mysql, rsync, postfix) is a plus.
- Familiarity with Macintosh OS X configuration including support of Mac clients in a corporate Windows network environment is a plus.
- Current knowledge of VoIP-based telephones, SmartPhones and RIM-based devices is helpful.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively engage different personality types.
- Works well independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Works well under pressure with multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent references who speak to the quality of your work and your personal contributions to business performance and organizational culture.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Gensler - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
One of a handful of "pure design" firms, M. Arthur Gensler Jr. & Associates (Gensler) consistently ranks among the largest...