As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
General Dynamics IT has an immediate need for a Senior Network Engineer for Active Directory in a mid-sized federal agency in Washington, DC.
This position will act as Lead Engineer for Active Directory who will be responsible for maintaining, supporting and troubleshooting the Active Directory environment while administering security and actively participating in all Directory related tasks and projects. This position will provide project planning and facilitation of Windows 2003 server remediation. This position will provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) recommendations on Active Directory and Server configuration. This engineer will also be responsible for supporting Exchange 2003, MS 2003 Servers, DHCP, Blackberry Services, VM Ware, Citrix, and RSA Administration.
installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Active Directory and DNS for Active Directory,
- Administer a Microsoft 2008 Directory Services Infrastructure including
as well change and configuration management, including Group Policy and Active
Directory Security solutions.
- Exchange 2010 and Blackberry service Administration
- MS 2008R2 Server and VMware Administration.
- Perform migration of servers from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008R2
- Provide 3rd level support for server tuning including monitoring, troubleshooting and
provide a secure application environment.
- Work closely with database administrators, application developers and administrators to
Notification documentation (CCNs).
- Perform periodic maintenance and upgrades (OS, drivers, firmware).
- Maintain functional knowledge of maintenance service levels and vendor POCs.
- Provide hardware troubleshooting and break-fix.
- Create documentation for Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Configuration Change
- Participate as a Subject Matter Expert, SME, for design reviews, technology and tool
o Administer Avamar Backups
- Research and review new hardware, operating system and 3rd party technologies.
- Candidate must be able to support rotating on call duties and monthly patching of servers
- Other duties may include:
o Administer VMWare
o Deploy MS 2003 Server (or current MS server OS)
o Administer AIX.
o Configure a storage system and disk quotas.
o Configure/Maintain IIS.
o Configure/Maintain logging.
o Manage load balancing.
o Decommission out-of-life equipment.
o Integrate new server Operating Systems.
o Perform periodic maintenance and upgrades (OS, drivers, firmware).
o Manage licensing.
o Maintain all associated procedures which comply with approved customer policies.
o Compose required CCB documentation for all configuration changes
o Ensure all CCNs or CCRs meet the current CCB requirements.
o Provide appropriate notifications and status for all maintenance and break-fix activities.
o Maintain functional knowledge of maintenance service levels and vendor POC.
o Provide hardware troubleshooting and break-fix.
o Research, evaluate, and remain current on emerging tools, techniques, and IT
o Participate in development of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documentation.
o Work closely with client to perform technical and requirements analysis.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
o Microsoft Active Directory 2003/2008
- 10-15 years of progressive IT network experience including IT systems architecture.
- Demonstrate expert technical capability in the following technologies:
o Windows Server 2003/2008
such as the following:
- Demonstrate a high degree of competence in technologies
o Active Directory
o Rights Management
o Windows Server 2008
o Windows Server 2003
o Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
o Virtualization (VMware)
o SAN Configuration
o Common Backup Software
o Common Datacenter Hardware (HP, Dell etc.)
- Should understand and be comfortable with the following concepts:
o Configuration Management
o Release Management
o Change Management
o Windows Server 2003 and 2008
o Microsoft Active Directory 2008
o The various regulatory frameworks including DIACAP, DODAF, DISA, NIST, OMB etc.
COOP and Disaster Recovery
o Backup and Recovery Strategy
o Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture
o Working knowledge of SDLC development process
executives and managers.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Excellent documentation skills with ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical
input in technical document review
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to deal with ambiguous situations on a consistent basis.
- Ability to prepare technical documents, technical presentations, and provide significant
- Ability to work independently and in groups or in a team setting
- MSCE (or similar manufacturer certification) is required.
- ITIL v3 is highly desired.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 19 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...