Job Id: 173100
Nearest Major Market: GA - Atlanta
The System Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the GPC Shared Services servers and infrastructure systems. The System Administrator carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following technical areas: Server maintenance, System upgrades and procurement, Infrastructure design and layout, Disaster Recovery design and implementation, OS installation and maintenance, management of system tools and applications, and Server hardening.
- 4+ years administrative experience with Microsoft Server 2003+
- 3+ years administrative experience in Active Directory
- 2+ years administrative experience with Terminal Services
- 2+ years experience with change control processes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be a team player with appropriate corporate conduct
- Microsoft certifications
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Dell hardware experience/certifications
- Configure, update and operate monitoring of Data Center operations, including application and hardware environmental monitoring.
- Keep servers updated with configuration changes and provide support as needed
- Troubleshoot Microsoft Server O/S issues when problems arise
- Overall provide support and operational control of hosted applications.
- Installation, deployment of new hardware in the datacenter
- Assist in planning, installation, and Disaster Recovery for hosted websites
- Assisting in the deployment of new apps into the shared server environment
- Working with customers both internal and external to troubleshoot incidents
- Maintaining documentation regarding daily operation and Disaster Recovery
- Assist with system security architecture and monitoring
- On Call 24x7x365 for emergencies with production systems
- Other duties as assigned
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. Our products and services are offered through a network of over 2,000 operations, geographically located across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
With over 80 years of distribution expertise, our well-positioned, regionally located distribution centers provide us with the unique ability to adapt our product and service lines to better suit our customers' needs. GPC's commitment and reputation for just-in-time service position us as a critical partner in our customers' success.
GPC began to diversify its product lines over 30 years ago into several end-markets with strong growth opportunities. Although each product is unique, we have leveraged more than 80 years of distribution know-how to manage these businesses the GPC way - continually improving operating and distribution efficiencies.
GPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/H. J2W: IND
Genuine Parts Company - 21 months ago