Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2011-2012 school year, 23 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 22 states and expect to serve more than 40,000 students from across the U.S. The Connections Learning division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the United States and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Working from our office in Elkridge, MD, the Fulfillment Inventory Coordinator supports a wide variety of task-oriented fulfillment activities, generally related to all aspects of the order fulfillment process. Taking direction from the Senior Manager of Fulfillment, the Inventory Coordinator focuses on the daily tasks required to satisfy our customers. Interfacing with multiple internal departments, outside fulfillment warehouses, and school personnel at any given time, the Inventory Coordinator must be an excellent communicator. A fast paced, deadline oriented environment creates a need for a flexible work schedule, overtime as necessary, and a true sense of urgency to meet the needs of our students, teachers, and employees. As part of a potential career path for the Inventory Coordinator, the role will include cross training on the responsibilities throughout the Fulfillment Department, including those of the Fulfillment Curriculum and/or Technology Planners, so that the Coordinator can support the role(s) when the Planners are on vacation.
• Support order processing from Connections Education’s ordering system to the vendor’s order portal;
• Help to resolve daily order issues, backorder resolution, expediting requests, order modifications, order cancellations, etc;
• Resolve on-demand orders, exceptions, stop-shipments, and delivery methodology changes directly with UPS/Fed Ex, and our fulfillment partners;
• Orchestrate the import of completed vendor orders back into the Connections Education order system as requested;
• Monitor and respond to Web Mails and assorted customer contacts as required;
• Monitor all student “placement changes” that result in orders and returns for and from our students;
• Support the monitoring of on-hand inventory at multiple warehouse locations, research and resolve inventory inconsistencies, and work closely with Purchasing and Operational Planning as needed;
• Support the process to ensure the timely return of technology and materials from departing employees;
• Process curriculum invoices/claims as directed with UPS/Fed Ex for missing and damaged goods;
• Provide timely review of metrics and KPI’s to spot trends and areas of concern;
• Handle project oriented responsibilities and on-going process improvement initiatives; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s Degree or substantial college coursework in business, supply chain, or applicable field
• Two (2) plus years of hands-on materials, inventory, fulfillment, logistics, or production planning experience
• Hands-on experience with ERP systems or comparable warehouse management systems
• Previous third party logistic provider (3PL) experience is helpful, though not required
• Experience in customer service and resolving customer issues is preferred
• High attention to detail with the ability to apply an analytical approach to problem solving
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, technology-based environment with the ability to handle multiple projects
• A self starter with a strong work ethic, who can work independently, or as a member of a team
• Fluent, hands-on experience with Microsoft Excel
Connections Academy - 12 months ago