CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by technology industry analyst firms. The company is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprise customers. CenturyLink provides data, voice and managed services in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber-optic network and multiple data centers for businesses and consumers. CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations.
Savvis, is a CenturyLink company, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises. Nearly 2,500 unique clients, including more than 30 of the top 100 companies in the Fortune 500, use Savvis to reduce capital expense, improve service levels and harness the latest advances in cloud computing. By outsourcing to Savvis and CenturyLink, enterprises can focus on their core business while we ensure the quality of their IT infrastructure automation.
- Provides technical guidance and support to NOC technicians, provides level III technical assistance
- Perform software upgrades, schedule database back-ups, circuit provisioning
- Reviews, assesses and implements mitigation for vendor PCN notifications
- Interfaces with equipment vendors, 3rd party providers on complex technical matters
- Serve as technical subject matter expert on various Vendor platform
- Train, develop and coach NOC technicians. Assess staff technical development
- Analyze and assess new project requirements and develop/implement processes and procedures in support of requirements
- Manage multiple issues simultaneously through effective prioritization and delegation.
- Collaborates closely with QGSI Program Offices and Management
- Compiles performance metrics, reports, trend analysis, and recommends network optimization activities
- Minimum of 8+ years experience with SONET based, long-haul and metro transport networks, next-generation DWDM wavelength systems, SDH networks with SNCP rings, DCCS cross-connect systems
- Extensive experience with various vendor platforms for optical networks – Ciena, Cisco, Lucent, Tellabs, Fujitsu
- Demonstrated ability to perform project planning and implementation, develop technical documentation and procedures
- Prior experience in a Lead or Supervisory role in a NOC setting
- Strong experience in technical training, developing technical training documentation, technical needs assessment, performing hands-on training
- Must be flexible and willing to support off-shift schedule and weekend work
- Ability to relate technical issues to management and Gov’t personnel
- Previous experience with Gov’t networks and customers. Ability to interface in a professional manner with management and customer is essential
- Ability to work in a high stress environment, collaborate very closely with peers, strong communication skills
- Associate degree in Engineering, Electronics, Software, or Networks; or a related technical or vocational education or equivalent experience. Eight or more years applicable work experience.
- Candidate must either possess current security clearance (TS/SCI) or be clearable
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 15 months ago
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...