Provides customer service support to shareholder and company Financial Advisors for the Waddell & Reed Group of mutual funds.
All candidates must possess:
- Answer telephone inquiries for basic shareholder account information
- Respond to written inquiries from shareholders and Financial Advisors
- Research problems, determine solutions and perform corrective actions
- Provide Financial Advisors with "how-to" procedures
- Diffuse tense situations with shareholders and Financial Advisors
- Make individual decisions based on specific situations rather than "set" procedures
For a Paygrade 5
- Excellent communication skills (vocabulary, diction, and the ability to express thoughts clearly and concisely)
- Strong customer service orientation & demeanor
- Ability to deal effectively with changes, variables and "gray" areas
- Comfort and confidence talking with people and a flexible attitude with a caring, empathetic demeanor
- Ability to adapt to stressful situations and heavy work volumes
- An interest in learning about mutual funds and investments
- Pass the FINRA Series 6 License exam within first 4 months of employment
- Knowledge of mutual funds and/or securities industry is helpful and preferred
- Regular and predictable attendance
A minimum of one year of call center experience and at least two years of mutual fund processing experience, or other combinations of appropriate experience. (A call center is a loud, fast-paced environment where representatives answer incoming calls. Clients who call in either want questions answered or problems solved. If the candidate worked as a secretary or receptionist who routed or transferred incoming calls, this is not considered call center experience.)
For a Paygrade 6
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of college education and prior work experience in a call center environment that includes problem resolution, handling time-sensitive issues and follow through with appropriate corrective actions.
Waddell & Reed, Inc. is a subsidiary of Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc. (NYSE:WDR). Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc., through its...