Jewell Care Center of Denver
4450 East Jewell Ave
Denver, CO 80222
- In-House Rehab Team
- 88% Productivity Expectation
- ROX / Rehab Optima GiftRAP Software
- ACP Modality Equipment
- Vital Stim Equipment
To discover more info about this career opportunity, please call: Anna Charles, Therapy Recruiter at 866-667-1813 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Evaluates and treats residents and patients with temporary or long-term speech, hearing, swallowing, and cognitive disabilities in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Screens and evaluates Resident and develops appropriate care plan.
- Under a physician’s direction, provides direct patient / resident treatment based on established plan of care.
- Plans, directs, or conducts rehabilitative treatment programs to restore communicative efficiency of individuals with communication and / or swallowing or cognitive problems.
- Administers, scores, and interprets specialized hearing and speech tests.
- Instructs residents, families, and caregivers to monitor speech and provide ways to practice new skills.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Maintains patient records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Devises special tools and treatments for the specific needs of patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
May supervise Rehab Aides, and others involved in program.
- Master of Science degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- Current license in Speech Therapy as required by state law.
- One (1) year of clinical experience preferred.
- Certification in clinical competency.
Physical Demands & Environment
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. SavaSeniorCare affiliated facilities' goal is to offer residents and staff a close-knit, family environment coupled with the resources you'd expect from an industry leader. As we continue to build the clinical expertise of our in-house rehab teams, we invite you to consider joining us. The SavaSeniorCare 183 affiliated facilities in 19 states strive to provide compassionate short- and long-term care. It's our business-the only thing we do. We offer a wealth of resources to support our rehab teams including generous, flexible benefits packages, CEUs and continuing education tuition reimbursement. Consider all we have to offer: in-house rehab teams with clinical support, flexible schedules, modality programs, and mentorship. For more information about our exciting career opportunities, please visit www.savaseniorcare.com. SavaSeniorCare affiliated entities are Equal Opportunity Employers.
SavaSeniorCare - 16 months ago