Cognizant Technology Solutions is seeking a Linux admin to work in San Francisco, CA. The resource will be focused primarily on RedHat Linux and should also understand SAN, RAID, file system, and IP networking technology. The day-to-day includes standard administration and engineering duties (e.g., patch installation, OS upgrades and installs, mentoring peers). There is heavy project-related work toward bringing new solutions to production support.
- Should have 7+ years’ experience of enterprise-level UNIX system administration/engineering, with significant and recent experience on Linux platforms.
- Administering, installing, configuring, troubleshooting and writing support documentation for Linux on x86-based hardware
- System startup/shutdown mechanics, kickstart, package management (installation and building RPMs),
- Modifying and rebuilding the Linux kernel, e.g., adding support for new hardware to kickstart boot disks
- Scripting in an administrative language such as Shell or Python is required.
- Experience working in an eCommerce environment is a plus.
Organization Marketing Statement
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH)
is a global IT services and business process outsourcing solutions provider headquartered in Teaneck, N.J. Founded in 1994 as an IT development and maintenance services arm of The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation, the company spun-off as an independent organization two years later.
Since 1996, Cognizant has worked closely with large organizations to help them build stronger, more efficient, and agile businesses. By leveraging highly flexible business processes, a seamless global delivery network as well as deep domain expertise, Cognizant delivers a better ‘return on outsourcing’.
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science graduates with 4-7 years of experience.
Cognizant - 20 months ago
Cognizant Technology Solutions remains mindful of the state of your technology. Cognizant provides application maintenance services,...