Provides technical support to judicial personnel in the use of technology applications and initiatives for the South Carolina courts. This position is also responsible for after hours and weekend technical support on a scheduled rotating basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and provides solutions to issues relating to judicial technology applications and initiatives, e.g., state Case Management System (CMS), Attorney Information System (AIS), and e-Filing system.
- Utilizes the call center system for the tracking of problems from initial occurrence through resolution.
- Monitors tickets and assignments to ensure issues are resolved or escalated in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develops and documents test procedures used to resolve or escalate issues relating to requests for technical support, forms, reports, software bugs and enhancements.
- Assists with the testing of application hot fixes and new releases.
- Provides after hours and weekend technical support, on a scheduled rotating basis, to users of judicial technology applications.
- Participates in training sessions and user conferences.
- Establishes good working relationships with SCJD IT, county IT, end users, and other judicial personnel.
- Participates in individualized training as determined by employee and supervisor.
- Knowledge of computer system analysis, design, testing, debugging and maintenance techniques and practices and of microcomputer hardware and software.
- Ability to grasp new concepts and terminology quickly.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to prepare technical and user-friendly reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to establish working relationships with committee members, users and vendors.
- Ability to communicate, verbal and written, effectively.
Minimum and Additional Requirements:
Associate degree in a related area; or high school diploma and experience in office automation systems, data communications system design, installation, operation, repair, sales or marketing, or processing of information in a data processing environment.
- Working knowledge of South Carolina court operations at the circuit and/or magistrate court level.
- Experience working in a call center that provides technical support.
- Working knowledge of the following operating systems and/or applications: Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, Microsoft Office Professional, Internet Explorer, Active Directory, and Crystal Reports.
Interested persons meeting the required qualifications should submit an online application to include all work history and education, as a resume will not be accepted nor reviewed in lieu of an incomplete application.
Supplemental questions are considered a part of your application and must be completed in its entirety.
State of South Carolina - 9 months ago