Job ID: 1210-10898
Schwab MIS provides reporting and automation support for various business units within Schwab. The team leverages close, collaborative working relationships with its business partners to apply technology solutions to a wide array of business problems and reporting needs. We support a variety of reporting applications, from data-driven web applications to dashboards, and also perform data analysis and provide analytics support to business and financial analysts.
Brief Description of Role:
Schwab MIS is looking for a highly-motivated, self-driven individual contributor well versed in relational databases, SQL, and data analysis. As a member of a group with broad business impact, you will work directly with counterparts in different organizations, as well as other colleagues within MIS, in support of existing reporting applications, but also work to uncover and define new needs, find appropriate solutions, and ensure implementation and delivery within specified time frames. Solutions will range from data support for analytical exercises to leveraging an extensive MIS reporting infrastructure to provide information and reporting to clients.
- 4 - 8 years development experience using Teradata, Oracle, and/or Microsoft SQL Server data discovery and intermediate/advanced SQL
- 4 - 8 years demonstrated experience in systems and/or application development and requirements analysis
- Ability to navigate UNIX environments, working knowledge of shell scripting
- Experience using Business Objects (Crystal Reports and/or Web Intelligence) a plus
- Conceptual thinker, learner, and effective problem solver
- Comfortable with delivering often complex solutions in tight time frames
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to communicate effectively in business terms with business partners up to the VP level
- Strong client focus/customer service skills
- Effective project management skills, in particular the ability to multi task and prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of brokerage business, financial services, and/or Schwab a plus
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- The ability to contribute as needed in all the various roles of the development life cycle independently and as a member of a team
- The ability to consistently deliver solid, successful solutions in short development cycles that hit the mark on the initial delivery.
Relocation Offered? No
Work Schedule Days
Languages English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications None
Relevant Work Experience IT-Mainframe (Systems Prog/App Dev)-2-5 yrs
Position Located In AZ - Phoenix, CA - San Francisco
Job Type Full Time
Login | Help
Charles Schwab - 15 months ago
The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) has been a leader in financial services for more than three decades. Through advocacy and...