Job Summary: Reporting to the supervisor, administer a mid-sized UNIX site or assist in the administration of a larger site. Act as a front-line interface to users, accepting trouble reports and dispatching them to appropriate system administrators. Perform all duties assigned by the Team Lead.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Install, maintain and troubleshoot 30+ mid-to-large scale UNIX (Sparc) servers, hardware and operating systems.
2. Create, maintain, and troubleshoot shell scripts to automate monitoring and batch jobs through CRON.
3. Assist with the daily backup and recovery procedures, utilizing Veritas Netbackup, LTO tape, D2D and VTL technology. Review error logs and troubleshoot client backup issues.
4. Install, maintain and troubleshoot Veritas infrastructure software, including Netbackup, Volume Manager, DMP, Cluster Server, Cluster File System HA and Storage Foundation 9i RAC.
5. Assist with the installation and maintenance of 30+ Linux servers and operating systems.
6. Assist with the administration of the SAN environment, including Cisco 9509 switch zoning, and HDS, EMC and NetApp storage arrays
7. Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
8. Ensure proper follow-through on all directives, bulletins and schedules from the Corporate Office and supervisor. Maintain a good flow of communication with the Department employees and within the Corporation.
9. Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention for all contacts and transactions.
10. Be familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer complaints and disputes and resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advise the supervisor of serious complaints or incidents.
11. Monitor all area related conditions, property and equipment within corporate standards for cleanliness, proper maintenance and safety. Advise Facilities of all breakdowns and maintenance immediately. .
Educational Requirements and Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred. Three (3) to five (5) years of UNIX (Solaris) system administration required, as well as hands-on experience with SAN administration. Exposure to Veritas Netbackup and Linux experience preferred.
Adesa Inc. - 18 months ago
ADESA (Auto Dealers Exchange Services of America) doesn't sell cars, it sells fleets of cars. The company offers used vehicle...