Guident is looking for a Business Objects Data integrator/Data Services developer to develop and support ETL applications for an enterprise data warehouse project. This individual will install, configure and administer Business Objects Data Integrator/Data Services software on Red Hat Linux servers and design, develop, test and document ETL applications with emphasis on development of Data Integrator objects including jobs, work flows, data flows, transforms, and data stores. This individual will work with a variety of data sources including flat files and various relational databases. The target data warehouse is Oracle. The individual will work with end users and team members to develop ETL application requirements, work with subject matter experts to understand data usage and resolve issues with source data anomalies, and conduct source data assessments and create data profiles. The individual will participate in code reviews of Data Integrator jobs with other ETL developers and assist with troubleshooting and optimization of Data Integrator jobs. The individual will work alone and with vendors to diagnose and resolve database connectivity issues and other problems that may arise with Data Integrator Job Servers and will provide evaluation and testing of new Data Services patches and releases and related products. This individual must be able to communicate and coordinate with various support groups (Developers, Project Managers, System Administrators, etc.) and Government sponsors.
Must Have Skills
- 5+ years experience working in an Information Technology role.
- 3+ years hands on ETL development experience with Business Objects Data Integrator/Data Services experience o OR ( experience with a combination of other leading ETL platforms such as Informatica AND solid scripting experience)
- Experience performing installation, configuration and upgrading of Business Objects Data Integrator/Data Services software or similar ETL platforms such as Informatica
- Experience in supporting, developing and tuning ETL solutions in a data warehouse environment. Experience working with large databases and high-volume batch data loading operations.
- Experience in designing strategies for ETL auditing, data quality and enrichment, load balancing, exception handling, and high data throughput.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to perform impact analysis of requested changes to the data warehouse data model, source data feeds, or ETL application requirements.
- 2+ years working with Linux or Unix
- 2+ years Oracle PL/SQL development experience.
- 2+ years SQL development experience.
- Knowledge of dimensional modeling including slowly changing dimensions (SCDs)
- Experience with Business Objects Data Quality.
- Ability to push down transform processing from the Job Server to the Oracle database server.
- Ability to evaluate Oracle query execution plan and capture and analyze query performance statistics.
- Oracle data warehousing features such as materialized views, partitioning, and bit mapped indexes.
- Experience working with Business Objects WEBI. • Experience with HR and Financial systems.