For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For".
Whether it is petrochemicals for plastics, or fuel for a tractor on the farm, the bottom line is the world needs oil. The one resource has countless uses for the things people rely on each day. From crude oil and natural gas, to new and renewable resources, your job in our Oil & Gas Group will serve an important role as we provide innovative consulting, engineering, procurement, construction and operations solutions to the world's oil and gas companies. This is your opportunity to discover the most challenging projects, develop as a professional to reach your career goals. Ready? Let's Get to Work.
Description and Desired Qualifications
CH2M HILL Senior Structural Designer - Anchorage, AK
The Challenge? Help to meet the ever increasing Global demand for Energy. Our Senior Structural Designer position will offer you an exciting opportunity to help our Clients provide a safe and reliable source of Energy to heat homes, fuel automobiles, and move goods and services in support of millions of people. Each day you will be part of a professional team that provides design services to our Clients on the North Slope and beyond. Under general supervision, your will perform routine to moderately difficult design assignments which require the application of fundamental design techniques in accordance with company and industry standards and codes. Most assignments are performed with minimum guidance. You should be competent in all conventional aspects of the subject matter of the functional area of the assignments. You will plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria Organizing and tracking projects, assigning and reviewing work, providing technical assistance and checking are some of the tasks expected. You should be able to effectively complete a job through all of its phases, from conception through close-out. You should have an in-depth understanding of the design process, bidding and procurement, fabrication, construction and the documentation required throughout the project. You must exhibit strong design, drafting and computer skills and must also be capable of estimating, statusing and scope development for projects.
Our Senior Structural Designer :
SPECIAL NOTE: CH2M Hill will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.,) to fill this position.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard design techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications on medium complexity projects
- Prepares clear, accurate and complete drawings using practical design knowledge
- Develops detailed design elements using information from various sources which may include site studies, vendor drawings, catalog data, engineering sketches, reference drawings and input from other disciplines
- Conducts field investigations, produces clear field reports with detailed sketches, written and verbal instructions
- Reviews and checks design drawings and vendor shop drawings
- Participates in design coordination with engineers and other disciplines in the development of complete drawing packages
- Participates in scope development, estimating, scheduling and job statusing for projects
- Assists supervisor and engineers with various department planning tasks as required
- Takes an active role in Total Quality Management and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Reviews or checks the work of other designers, drafters, and technicians
- Have extensive knowledge of both civil and structural design
- Possess extensive familiarity of design manuals and handbooks (AISC, UBC).
- Obtain a strong understanding of loading data, steel connections and fabrication and erection procedures
- Possess strong facilities design ability as well as complex detail design ability
- High school diploma
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience in civil/structural engineering design field
- Oil & gas experience including pipeline and steel design
- Ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of design concepts with minimal engineering input and a proficiency in utilizing manual and computer-assisted techniques for difficult design applications
- Working knowledge of MS Word processing software, MS Excel spreadsheet software and AutoCAD 2007 or later design software
- Associates Degree in design/drafting technology
- Experience in various Bentley products is desired as well as Civil 3D
High School or GED
Preferred Years of Experience
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M HILL - 23 months ago
Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects that...